Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Teams Prepare for Spring Ball Quick Take on 2019 Season

With the exit of Amir Hall from Bowie State which team in the North or South of the CIAA will be a force to reckon with? Most say:

North
    Chowan with Bryce Whitt and Tyrell Freeman returning Chowan may be the early choice to be the team to beat in the CIAA
    BSU the Post Amir Hall show will take place next season the young defensive line will reck havoc and be one of the tops in the CIAA
    VSU will be young but with dual threat QB Cordelral Cook returning VSU will have a chip on their shoulder.
    VUU great start for first year Head Coach Dr. Alvin Parker with manimal Tabyus Taylor and all-everything Sterling Hammond VUU will be looking to follow-up 2018

South
    FSU after going to Back 2 Back CIAA Championships Coach Hayes and his staff look to get over the HUMP
    WSSU after a roller coaster season the Rams look to get back to the basics they have found a replacement for RT Jr in D Graves but finding one for Kerrion Moore ??? the Underrated Beast will be a task in itself but Darius Skinner will make sure the Rams get extra possessions.
    Shaw the post Devon Hunt and Keon Marsh show will take place next season
    St Aug first year OC Cam Smith will bring back a QB he has groomed to be the guy at ST AUG for the next three seasons in John Darby IV

Re: As Teams Prepare for Spring Ball Quick Take on 2019 Season

I wouldn't underestimate ECSU, there's a lot of excitement about what type of football program that's being built over in NE NC. Lots of skill players returning, with some potential high quality transfers considering jumping on the Viking ship. Also, I have heard that their QB Coach Poole is working hard at grooming the young talented Kedri Patterson to be a threat in contending for CIAA honors in the future. We shall see.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if VUU and Chowan are #1 and #2 in the North.

The South will be up for grabs again.

Comment

VUU and Chowan are the predicted top 2 in the North. No one knows what BSU will do without Hall but from what I hear, they are a QB in waiting that is more than adequate. Also, VSU needs to be better in the trenches. I know they lost a lot the year before and had quite a few season ending injuries last year, but I feel they got pushed around way too much up front. You have to be able to control the LOS if you are going to win in and out of conference. VSU's QB is decent but really doesn't scare anyone with his arm. I think WSSU will be the king of the south again. I know they have struggled the last few, (in my opinion only due to coaching), I think the Frosh QB they had last year is the real deal.

Comment

I will say this has to be one of the most wide open upcoming seasons in some time. I agree that there are 4 legit contenders in the North and 3 in the South (sorry I just don't see St Augs being a threat next year). Chowan has the O, but I question their defense. Also, I am waiting for Chowan to finally be a complete team for a whole season. They have been good for pulling upsets, but then losing the games they should be favored in. I can't sleep on Bowie though, because some how they continue to keep a good QB. Hall was great, but don't forget he is just the most recent in a streak of decent QB's at Bowie.

South is wide open, and division play seems to come down to what team decides to show up any giving Saturday between Shaw, WSSU, and FSU. WSSU showed against FSU that the O can get it done when they open the playbook up. If the coaches can make the O unpredictable then I like our chances next season. FSU has had a lot of young talent who should now be upper classmen with an experience advantage over most of the South division so you have to include them in discussions.

My way to early pre-camp, pre-transfer, pre-coaching changes prediction is VUU v. WSSU in the Championship game. Also hoping the CIAA gets multiple playoff bids next season.

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
            With the exit of Amir Hall from Bowie State which team in the North or South of the CIAA will be a force to reckon with? Most say:

North
            Chowan with Bryce Whitt and Tyrell Freeman returning Chowan may be the early choice to be the team to beat in the CIAA
            BSU the Post Amir Hall show will take place next season the young defensive line will reck havoc and be one of the tops in the CIAA
            VSU will be young but with dual threat QB Cordelral Cook returning VSU will have a chip on their shoulder.
            VUU great start for first year Head Coach Dr. Alvin Parker with manimal Tabyus Taylor and all-everything Sterling Hammond VUU will be looking to follow-up 2018

South
            FSU after going to Back 2 Back CIAA Championships Coach Hayes and his staff look to get over the HUMP
            WSSU after a roller coaster season the Rams look to get back to the basics they have found a replacement for RT Jr in D Graves but finding one for Kerrion Moore ??? the Underrated Beast will be a task in itself but Darius Skinner will make sure the Rams get extra possessions.
            Shaw the post Devon Hunt and Keon Marsh show will take place next season
            St Aug first year OC Cam Smith will bring back a QB he has groomed to be the guy at ST AUG for the next three seasons in John Darby IV
            Some notes:

Chowan's defense needs to get healthy and stay there. Folks like LB Dre Terry were hurt for multiple game, thus allowing the Hawks to give up tons of points.
            VUU needs to find a quarterback. Coach Parker is good at finding QBs, so one hopes they can reload in a hurry.
            VSU needs to find a more productive run game. the defense is there.
            Bowie State's question mark will certainly be Amir Hall's replacement, but lets not forget that they too need to find a more productive run game. The OL is good for pass protection though. They also need some depth. Defense should be good again.
            ECSU faces some losses on defenses (Miacah Cooper) and a questionable pass game. Is Patterson the answer at QB?
            Lincoln needs a legit OC for starters. The loss of QB Espinoza will be felt, as he created their offense the second half of the year. Can they find or develop a replacement? Another school with lack of adequate depth in the OL.

South
            FSU is still the same FSU. Cant win more than 6 games in a season. They really got exposed in their last two games.
            WSSU: Is Graves the answer at QB? Murchison should come back to help replace Kerrion Moore. They are gonna be quite young on defense.
            Shaw: I thought Marsh was a redshirt senior. Maybe he has more eligibility? If so, thats big. Problem is, they have no run game. Defense should be stout up front.
            SAU: Darby struggled quite a bit, so I dont think SAU will contend next year.
            Livingstone: They have some pieces on offense, especially with QB Miles Hayes. They need more consistency on both sides of the ball. Davante Adams should ease the loss of 4 year starter Armond Cox on the OL.
            JCSU: Maybe year after next, as they look to run out Kermit Blount's last year of his contract. The Golden Bulls have struggled with depth on the OL and DL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X