Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU DOWN TWO COACHES

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...4a1e8ee7c.html

Sorry WSSU. This seems like a huge lost.

Comment

In my opinion, it's not a very huge loss, especially were Means was concerned. He wasn't a very good play caller as an OC at WSSU, the very job he's going to be doing at Fayetteville St. Best of luck to him though.

Comment

I think the problem isn't who the two coaches were, it's that the failure to hire a permanent head coach means the assistants will want more stability. They were almost guaranteed to lose their job next year when a permanent head coach is hired, so they needed to find a job now. Who's to say more coaches don't do the same. I wouldn't blame them. I think we should ask ourselves if the administration is going to hire replacements and how all of this will have a negative impact on the season. We may be operating with more of a skeleton crew than we already had.

Comment

Originally posted by shonuff3 View Post
          I think the problem isn't who the two coaches were, it's that the failure to hire a permanent head coach means the assistants will want more stability. They were almost guaranteed to lose their job next year when a permanent head coach is hired, so they needed to find a job now. Who's to say more coaches don't do the same. I wouldn't blame them. I think we should ask ourselves if the administration is going to hire replacements and how all of this will have a negative impact on the season. We may be operating with more of a skeleton crew than we already had.
          While instability may have been a factor, the bigger factor was that both were hired into positions as coordinator and associate head coach and both are making more money. I don't think stability in our program would have stopped either coach from pursuing these opportunities to advance their careers.

Comment

touche

Comment

More to come!

Comment

Down three...
                https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...355c83c66.html

Comment

I am all mixed up. We need building blocks. Hire Jason Mia as HC and let's go!!! He understand the winning culture plus he still owns a home here.

Comment

So by my count, Massey, Bohannon, Gaither, and Kershaw is all that are left. Is that list correct?

Comment

So I'm not remotely concerned that McManus is gone. Seems like he used his dad's connections throughout life, and now he is going to ECU to be a glorifide tape watcher and maybe third chair to the OC sitting in the box on Saturdays. Probably will see him move on to an OC position at an FC in a few years or a random position coach at a bad group of 5 school. Our QB progression hasn't been anything to celebrate under him, so best of luck in his future endeavors.

Side note, I hope everybody is being safe during these uncertain times.

Comment

With the sudden exit of coaches from the WSSU program indicates to me that maybe the new AD didn't guarantee them a position beyond this upcoming season, including Massey.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post
                          With the sudden exit of coaches from the WSSU program indicates to me that maybe the new AD didn't guarantee them a position beyond this upcoming season, including Massey.
                          That would mean the HC is on the hot seat right since they generally pick their assistant coaches/coordinators??

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

That would mean the HC is on the hot seat right since they generally pick their assistant coaches/coordinators??
                            He's Interim. It just seems like he's the head coach because he will have had the position in what will be two whole years. This is what I was scared of earlier. We have one more coach than the basketball team. No good assistant is going to sign on for one year. They might as well ask for community coaches.

Comment

Massey had a quality NFL career, and there has been a decent level of random former NFL players who have made Charlotte their permanent home. Means made that commute from the Charlotte metro (little over an hour), so Massey could probably piece together a few guys who are financially set who wouldn't mind getting into coaching. Then piece that with some Winston and triad area guys and he can put a staff together.

Granted my expectations are extremely low for this season. Massey hasn't had the best track record, and as pointed out what serious assistant is signing up with an interim coach.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X