Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fact is, can you assure anyone planning to play in or attend a game there that there will not be one? Coaches and fans need to be able to plan ahead.

Comment

Comment

Eagle you have some nerve. Check out how the peaceful protestors at UNCP were met by an ignorant community in Pembroke. I hope every MEC school catches wind of the videos and refuses to play at a school in such a bigoted place like Pembroke.

Comment

Another attempt by Eagle74 to slight WSSU goes wrong for him. He always references WSSU in relation to UNCP because he thinks it makes UNCP relevant.

Imagine the MEC seeing this knowing they have to travel and spend night at UNCP and this is happening not a few hundred yards from campus, but a few feet.

We're not talking about traffic stopping, but racial slurs being yelled by people with guns.

Link below is just some of what occurred yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CB7QFcZ...=1e3zarwyg1r4b

Comment

Eagle74, can a protest for Justice be an issue for UNCP at WSSU, when UNCP fans get pepper sprayed tailgating at UNCP.

I don't remember you posting this, why not?

https://www.fayobserver.com/news/201...omecoming-game

Comment

Unfortunately people have seen to many peaceful protest escalate into riots looting and burning of businesses. The protest in many cases are hijacked by people who's agenda has nothing to do with the original reason the protest started. I know for a fact that the Lumbee Indians are proud of their heritage (just like others are) and town, and are typically very friendly and peaceful. In this situation, a few people were obviously in protection mode in the protection of their town, businesses, and the university they founded. They have a long history of taking stances in protection of their community. Ultimately, in the end, there weren't any violence, rioting or destruction in Pembroke NC.

Hopefully all protest in the future end peacefully.
              Last edited by Eagle74; 06-27-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

So you're saying brandishing weapons while calling African American students the N word was protecting their businesses.

Got it

Also, how many protest have you personally been involved in to make the statement that many protest have been hijacked?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                  Unfortunately people have seen to many peaceful protest escalate into riots looting and burning of businesses. The protest in many cases are hijacked by people who's agenda has nothing to do with the original reason the protest started. I know for a fact that the Lumbee Indians are proud of their heritage (just like others are) and town, and are typically very friendly and peaceful. In this situation, a few people were obviously in protection mode in the protection of their town, businesses, and the university they founded. They have a long history of taking stances in protection of their community. Ultimately, in the end, there weren't any violence, rioting or destruction in Pembroke NC.

Hopefully all protest in the future end peacefully.
                  Eagle you're full of Sh!t. You're trying to justify the actions of a bunch of butt hurt, snowflake, fake thugs who had to stand behind police protection and try to intimidate peaceful protesting. Then one of them even yelled out to turn the hoses on the peaceful protestors, yet you are trying to justify their actions.

Eagle this is all I need to know about your character. UNCP isn't playing any CIAA schools so hopefully we have seen the last of your trolling nature. Hope the MEC enjoys the ignorance that you like to spew.

Comment

LOL, I in no way support or condone the actions of a very few counterprotesters, but I'm not going to judge all the people living in the community of Pembroke based on the actions of a very few, no more than I would judge all of the protesters by the actions of some of the violent rioters and looters.

What started off as a peaceful protest right up the road from Pembroke in the city of Fayetteville later turned into a major riot with major damage and looting with many businesses damaged to the point that they are still unable to open (if they ever will). From what I understand, a lot of people who live in and around Pembroke work in Fayetteville, so they got to see and know what happens when things escalate out of control, especially when the law enforcement was told to stand back and not get involved.

By the way, senseless name calling based on not being able to comprehend simple logic reveals quite a bit. With that being said, I wish you well.

Comment

Eagle74, you started off condoning the use of the N-word in the protection of property.

You also referenced UNCP canceling WSSU game a good thing due to protest, but haven't said a word about people being pepper sprayed while tailgating at UNCP.

Comment

Originally posted by willicor View Post
                        Eagle74, you started off condoning the use of the N-word in the protection of property.

You also referenced UNCP canceling WSSU game a good thing due to protest, but haven't said a word about people being pepper sprayed while tailgating at UNCP.
                        Let's be perfectly clear, I don't condone anyone

Comment

These are your words addressing the N-word being used.

In this situation, a few people were obviously in protection mode in the protection of their town, businesses, and the university they founded. They have a long history of taking stances in protection of their community.

Comment

In this case as in all cases, someone using the N-word was completely out of line, unnecessary, insensitive, to whatever stance was being made at that time. Much as the same cases of incidences of rioters causing violence, looting and burning of businesses deflects and takes the focus away from the original message of what started as peaceful protests. I strongly condemn the use of the use of the N-word along with the senseless looting and burning of businesses (many minority owned). I hope you can do the same.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X