Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgate:Is It Hurting HBCU Football(Maybe?)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgate:Is It Hurting HBCU Football(Maybe?)

A very good discussion to have. Just to note, when A&T decided it was going to require a game ticket to get into the tailgating area people were up in arms. They did it anyway. I have not heard if it is still that way but there attendance did not drop as a result. Maybe that is where the smaller schools, that can, should start. The school should get something for people coming onto its property to enjoy themselves, even if the fee to get into the tailgating area is less than the ticket price. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by OGramball3r View Post
      A very good discussion to have. Just to note, when A&T decided it was going to require a game ticket to get into the tailgating area people were up in arms. They did it anyway. I have not heard if it is still that way but there attendance did not drop as a result. Maybe that is where the smaller schools, that can, should start. The school should get something for people coming onto its property to enjoy themselves, even if the fee to get into the tailgating area is less than the ticket price. Just a thought.
      I just had this conversation with the managing editor of the Undefeated who is from Winston Salem and his dad coached at WSSU, John Miller. At WSSU there are three parking lots used primarily for football, The one next to the National Guard Armory across the street(east), the lot between BGS and Skyline(West) and the south lot used for season ticket parking. WSSU can use the east lot for tailgating only at say 50.00 and west lot 35.00 with game ticket. Of course south lot is free because of season ticket so no charge for tailgating. As I stated before the objective is to get more people in the seats at games.See my previous post(#12) above on how the dots are connected. This way by charging for tailgating space the athletic department will make some revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        ECU is not a small school. If 25% of undergrads attend the game you have 6,000 people. You have to account for the school size.
        The ECU game I attended had a little over 50,000 in attendance, and ECU's enrollment was around 28,000.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X