Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA Football Equivalencies

Is there any way to see how many scholarships each CIAA school has to offer? My son is a sophomore starter as a DE but his coaches have already said for his junior, senior years they want him to move to LB as he's already 6-2 220 and they feel he'd be best there going forward. He feels he's a D1 prospect but also realizes any scholarship is better than none and started looking at D2 options preferably HBCU's. We are looking to start the recruiting trips early unofficially so he has time to make an informed decision. I would assume Winston Salem, VSU and Bowie would probably be the top 3 schools for awarding the most scholarships in the conference.

I've know many players that were around your son's size playing DE in high school that were moved to LB because it was what their HS coaches wanted. They all ended up playing DE in college. Sounds like your son may already be at this natural position. Keep in mind, he's not done growing. Kid could end up being 6'4 245 by his senior year. Bigger than the typical D1 incoming freshman LB.

As far as the scholarships go. Bowie State has been open in recent years about the fact that they are not fully funded, operating at around the low to mid twenties as far as their scholarships go. Not sure about the others.
    Last edited by 4_tattoos; 01-18-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
      Is there any way to see how many scholarships each CIAA school has to offer? My son is a sophomore starter as a DE but his coaches have already said for his junior, senior years they want him to move to LB as he's already 6-2 220 and they feel he'd be best there going forward. He feels he's a D1 prospect but also realizes any scholarship is better than none and started looking at D2 options preferably HBCU's. We are looking to start the recruiting trips early unofficially so he has time to make an informed decision. I would assume Winston Salem, VSU and Bowie would probably be the top 3 schools for awarding the most scholarships in the conference.
      I'm late, but here's some insight.

A couple of years ago, the schools revealed their Scholarship equivalencies. Fayetteville State and Shaw led the way with around 27-28. WSSU, Livingstone, Chowan, Virginia State, and Virginia Union were all over 20. Bowie State was like at 12ish. Elizabeth City didnt share at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post

Bowie State was like at 12ish.
        Dang! What year was that? During Bowie's recent run, I believe it was the AD that stated the football team was operating at about 20 scholarships. Perhaps they rounded 12 up to 20 lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Dang! What year was that? During Bowie's recent run, I believe it was the AD that stated the football team was operating at about 20 scholarships. Perhaps they rounded 12 up to 20 lol
          If Bowie has been playing with roughly 12 they're getting the best bang for their bucks as they've been pretty competitive and good the last few years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X