Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caden Davis???

So how good could this kid potentially be in the CIAA?

I can appreciate that HBCU gameday is giving this kid visibility, but I think he will have some work to do.

He's 6'4 and about 210 so he's got some good size. Give him some good coaching and he could be something. With that said his Junior season football numbers weren't anything to blow you away, and RJ Reynolds high school hasn't been good in some time.

I wouldn't expect him to be a starting QB in his first two years, but if he sticks it out he could be starting by his Junior or Redshirt Sophomore season at FSU.

With his size and athleticism it wouldn't also surprise me to see him change positions and see playing time earlier in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      I can appreciate that HBCU gameday is giving this kid visibility, but I think he will have some work to do.

He's 6'4 and about 210 so he's got some good size. Give him some good coaching and he could be something. With that said his Junior season football numbers weren't anything to blow you away, and RJ Reynolds high school hasn't been good in some time.

I wouldn't expect him to be a starting QB in his first two years, but if he sticks it out he could be starting by his Junior or Redshirt Sophomore season at FSU.

With his size and athleticism it wouldn't also surprise me to see him change positions and see playing time earlier in his career.
      The RJ Reynolds football program is weak. The sport is an afterthought at that school.. A better indicator of the type of player he can be can be found ironically on the basketball court. He is the 2-time Central Piedmont 4-A Conference Player of the Year. This is a very competitive conference. Word is he could potentially start at QB as a freshman at FSU. That is one of the reasons he chose them over WSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

The RJ Reynolds football program is weak. The sport is an afterthought at that school.. A better indicator of the type of player he can be can be found ironically on the basketball court. He is the 2-time Central Piedmont 4-A Conference Player of the Year. This is a very competitive conference. Word is he could potentially start at QB as a freshman at FSU. That is one of the reasons he chose them over WSSU.
        I don't blame him for picking FSU over us, especially with our head coaching position still in limbo.

The kid is an athlete, I will give him that. However, if he ends up starting as a freshman then things might be rough for FSU next season. Not knocking the kid, but having to rely on a true freshman QB is always a tough position to be in.

Comment

I don't blame him for picking FSU over us, especially with our head coaching position still in limbo.

The kid is an athlete, I will give him that. However, if he ends up starting as a freshman then things might be rough for FSU next season. Not knocking the kid, but having to rely on a true freshman QB is always a tough position to be in.
          I agree with you 100%

Comment

I've seen him play quite a bit and I broadcasted one of his games against Mt. Tabor High School and this kid has good potential...a little raw but he can be coached up. You can't teach size and he's a great dual threat. I wish that young man the best.

Comment

I could see the coach situation being a downside for most recruits of WSSU. Shoot look at the listed recruiting class so far. Any word on when a permanent coach will be named or at least change the interim's status?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X