Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the first game I guess you could call this experiment a slight success. Shaw's attendance versus Bowie was 834, where as last year's home opener for them against Fayetteville State drew 395. They did more than double their home opener crowd so that's good, but less than 1,000 is tough. Especially now that they are playing close to home and are in the second largest city in the state. And before anybody mentions the competition from local schools UNC played Friday night and NCCU, St Augs, Duke, and NC State all had away games. Shaw football was the only home football game in the entire Research Triangle area on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      After the first game I guess you could call this experiment a slight success. Shaw's attendance versus Bowie was 834, where as last year's home opener for them against Fayetteville State drew 395. They did more than double their home opener crowd so that's good, but less than 1,000 is tough. Especially now that they are playing close to home and are in the second largest city in the state. And before anybody mentions the competition from local schools UNC played Friday night and NCCU, St Augs, Duke, and NC State all had away games. Shaw football was the only home football game in the entire Research Triangle area on Saturday.
      First game back in Raleigh in almost 10 years.....It's going to take some time.....but still a better showing as the numbers show.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown View Post

First game back in Raleigh in almost 10 years.....It's going to take some time.....but still a better showing as the numbers show.
        That's fair enough, and with the distance it should make it easier for students to attend. I'm just curious about homecoming for you all. You guys tend to do decent numbers that far exceed St Augs 2,500 seat capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

That's fair enough, and with the distance it should make it easier for students to attend. I'm just curious about homecoming for you all. You guys tend to do decent numbers that far exceed St Augs 2,500 seat capacity.
          I think everyone is interested to see how that will go. Should be a capacity crowd inside and outside. Last week's game was managed well. Hoping it continues that way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X