Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU reopens AD search

None of the three finalists for the WSSU AD position were chosen for the job. Alumni were more than disappointed with the candidate choices and petitioned the Chancellor to reopen the search. Apparently, he listened... The interesting part is the speculation surrounding Chancellor Robinson and whether he will retire this Fall. The article says a new AD will be hired by late December. Stay tuned...

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...egYl_okl-mmNKI

Re: WSSU reopens AD search

Well there you go. I give them credit for not picking someone just to pick someone. Hopefully they pick a new search committee and actually put some former coaches on it this time.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      Well there you go. I give them credit for not picking someone just to pick someone. Hopefully they pick a new search committee and actually put some former coaches on it this time.
      Wait, they have an AD search committee without coaches? Not one?

Comment

Originally posted by darren3nelson View Post
        Wait, they have an AD search committee without coaches? Not one?
        Yeah, unless I'm wrong I don't believe any of these individuals on the committee coached on the college level.

https://www.wssu.edu/about/chancello...athletics.html

Comment

I think Elwood is getting pushed out. *shrug*

No coaches on the committee is bizarre.

Comment

I believe this was a very good move for WSSU.

When looking for new ADs most progressive universities open the vetting to the very best candidates across the nation, with requirements based on previous success, fairness, growth with a basis on increasing both academic and athletic achievement levels. Progressive universities also closely look for a history of running respected, 'clean' programs without controversy or potential NCAA violations. In today's world, sometimes, to find an highly qualified AD (or Head Football Coach) which will guide athletics to a higher level requires looking at all options, including those that may fall outside of the traditional pool of expected candidates, and make quality successful experience the top requirement.

With a school like WSSU and it's history of football, candidates for the AD position should have experience in dealing with athletics that align with WSSU, including football. The AD position is viewed by many as the face of a school's athletics, and should be a person that all potential student athletes and their parents feel comfortable with. I also believe that candidates with baggage or controversial views that may polarize the perception of the school, should do the right thing, and withdraw their application.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post
              I think Elwood is getting pushed out. *shrug*

No coaches on the committee is bizarre.
              You may be on to something. Stay tuned.

Comment

The "rumor" mill certainly has that sentiment going! Robinson was one of only a few Chancellors in the UNC System that did not get a pay raise last cycle and many speculate that his time at WSSU may be coming to an end. He has been a hard one to read in my opinion when it comes to his "true" intent about the direction of the university moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post
                  The "rumor" mill certainly has that sentiment going! Robinson was one of only a few Chancellors in the UNC System that did not get a pay raise last cycle and many speculate that his time at WSSU may be coming to an end. He has been a hard one to read in my opinion when it comes to his "true" intent about the direction of the university moving forward.
                  Robinson promised growth for WSSU five years ago and then turned around and rejected the NC Promise Tuition Plan which would have benefited the school in a big way just as it has for the other D2 schools. His mistake.

http://www.wschronicle.com/2015/11/r...ssu-chancellor

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                    Robinson promised growth for WSSU five years ago and then turned around and rejected the NC Promise Tuition Plan which would have benefited the school in a big way just as it has for the other D2 schools. His mistake.

http://www.wschronicle.com/2015/11/r...ssu-chancellor
                    I disagree. It's only a success if there is continued funding by the state to makeup for the low tuition cost. Continued funding was not in the plan which basically was a built in way to shut down a school. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by darren3nelson View Post
                      I disagree. It's only a success if there is continued funding by the state to makeup for the low tuition cost. Continued funding was not in the plan which basically was a built in way to shut down a school. We shall see.
                      Both the UNC System and State Representatives (on both sides of the isle) agree that the NC Promise Tuition plan is a huge success, and in support, they've agreed to add additional funding for the program. It's here to stay, and maybe just maybe they will open the door once more for both WSSU and FSU to be a part of the program, and since the Democratic Representatives (and the Governor) are now in full support, it will more than likely be looked at much differently, if the offer comes. Let's hope.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X