Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU vs UNC-P

So, here we are less than a month away from another UNC-P vs WSSU in-state matchup, and I'm sure it's going to be a good one.

Last year's 27-21 exciting come from behind rally by the Braves (down 21-10 late in the 3rd quarter) will be a tough act to follow.

What's your prediction?

With UNC-P's Josh Jones back at QB along with a lot of their skill players, I'm going with a 31-14 victory by the Braves.

No predictions until I see who actually shows up to campus. On paper based off what's coming back, the last two recruiting classes, transfers, and some coaching additions since the end of 2019 I like our chances against UNCP and the season in general. However, we shall know a little more in a few weeks.

Comment

I agree wholeheartedly with LegaRam... Winston is still in flux, in my opinion heading into the 2021 season. Massey still carries the "intriem" head coaching tag, although he has recruited several highly touted transfers like Legal said until they actually report to camp; it's just hyperbole. It's just too early for me. I will see them practice a few times and talk to a few coaches, then I will feel more confident making predictions. I do know this. If the offensive play calling doesn't get better, we're in trouble regardless!

Comment

At this point, I'm really wondering if due to COVID' Delta Variance if this game will even be played. Not looking good.

Comment

Hopefully, Eagle74! I was on campus Tuesday purchasing tickets for the NC Central game. I ran into Coach Massey for a hot minute and he said we will be much "faster" on the offensive side of the ball and the kids are picking up the scheme quickly. The first scrimmage is this Friday (August 20th, 2021). I'll have a better understanding of what we have tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
            So, here we are less than a month away from another UNC-P vs WSSU in-state matchup, and I'm sure it's going to be a good one.

Last year's 27-21 exciting come from behind rally by the Braves (down 21-10 late in the 3rd quarter) will be a tough act to follow.

What's your prediction?

With UNC-P's Josh Jones back at QB along with a lot of their skill players, I'm going with a 31-14 victory by the Braves.
            Sooooo...a 31-14 blowout is a "good one??"

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Sooooo...a 31-14 blowout is a "good one??"
              LOL, I'm sure it will be a closer game than what the score will reflect. Keep in mind that 2 touchdowns and 1 field goal difference is still kind of close;)

Comment

I won't know a thing until this WSSU team steps on the field, but I am about to go with blind faith and say WSSU will beat UNCP this year.

This team reminds me of when we came back to D2 in 2010. We have a lot of new faces on the field and on the coaching staff. However, we also have a lot of quality transfers and should be putting out a monster of a D line. We also have a good QB battle going and Kam Smith (QB during our national championship runner up run) is our QB coach now.

UNCP returns some people and they actually played in the Spring, so if there were odds I'd probably say they are the favorite. However, none of that matters once they step on the field.

It's been a long time coming so I'm just ready for Saturday night to get here.

Comment

The game has been canceled due to COVID issues with UNC Pembroke. Winston-Salem State will look for a new opponent.
                  https://journalnow.com/sports/colleg...c809d338c.html

Comment

O well, somebody get on the phone with Edward Waters......

Comment

Grand Valley State's game with Edinboro was also cancelled. The Lakers would still like to play this weekend if they can find an opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Bitner View Post
                        Grand Valley State's game with Edinboro was also cancelled. The Lakers would still like to play this weekend if they can find an opponent.
                        Grand Valley State just made a public offer to play Winston-Salem State.
                        https://twitter.com/gvsufootball/sta...65694382997504

Comment

Originally posted by DCAbloob View Post

Grand Valley State just made a public offer to play Winston-Salem State.
                          https://twitter.com/gvsufootball/sta...65694382997504
                          Too bad these schools aren't in a good driving distance.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

Too bad these schools aren't in a good driving distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                              At this point, I'm really wondering if due to COVID' Delta Variance if this game will even be played. Not looking good.
                              Unfortunately I think it is canceled per Ken Winfrey.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X