Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU Workouts

Can someone tell me why workout numbers dropped? Workouts are the basics of football. Looking at that chart, no wonder we have the results we've had. What happened to having a heavy course load in the spring, descent classes in the summer so you can still workout, and lighter classes during the season?

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...0a9798e19.html

Re: WSSU Workouts

Originally posted by darren3nelson View Post
    Can someone tell me why workout numbers dropped? Workouts are the basics of football. Looking at that chart, no wonder we have the results we've had. What happened to having a heavy course load in the spring, descent classes in the summer so you can still workout, and lighter classes during the season?

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...0a9798e19.html
    I'd guess being D2 with limited scholarships plays a role in this. FBS and FCS schools have guys on full rides so it makes sense they can stick around for the summer. With the majority of our players probably having to pay out of pocket/take out student loans I'd guess some need to work during the summer or just can't afford to go to summer school.

I'm assuming every player who isn't in Winston this summer was giving a workout plan, so hopefully they are pushing themselves and sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      I'd guess being D2 with limited scholarships plays a role in this. FBS and FCS schools have guys on full rides so it makes sense they can stick around for the summer. With the majority of our players probably having to pay out of pocket/take out student loans I'd guess some need to work during the summer or just can't afford to go to summer school.

I'm assuming every player who isn't in Winston this summer was giving a workout plan, so hopefully they are pushing themselves and sticking to it.
      Sad to say but after Maynor left I question pretty much everything done and said by WSSU coaching staff. The confidence for me, is just not there. It's like their passion is gone. I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
        Sad to say but after Maynor left I question pretty much everything done and said by WSSU coaching staff. The confidence for me, is just not there. It's like their passion is gone. I could be wrong. Just my opinion.
        I think the administration is more to blame than the football staff. We have to generate money and manage a budget better. I think every high school in the area has more coaches than we do; including the 2A's. Its impossible to be as detailed as you need to be with a position on techniques when you are coaching two position groups together. Also its hard to develop a player physically when there is a gap in supervised training from the end of May until they are back on campus in the Fall. But also, just my opinion.

Comment

That and the issue with attendance at practice/meetings or even class..... all way down from the Maynor era

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X