3. Albany State
    4. West Georgia
    5. West Florida
    6. Wingate
    7. Mars Hill
    8. Newberry
    9. West Alabama
    10. Fayetteville State

Would Fayetteville need to win out, including a CIAA title game win against (a presumed 9-1) Bowie State to get into the playoffs? I want both teams to make it into the playoffs, but not at the expense of a Bowie loss lol. Seriously though, would a loss between now and the playoff selection kill Fayetteville's chances?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      Would Fayetteville need to win out, including a CIAA title game win against (a presumed 9-1) Bowie State to get into the playoffs? I want both teams to make it into the playoffs, but not at the expense of a Bowie loss lol. Seriously though, would a loss between now and the playoff selection kill Fayetteville's chances?
      If FSU wins out, they're definitely in. If they lose a game, my hunch is they'd be better off if it's to WSSU; I think beating Bowie might be vital to proving they belong.

Comment

FSU looks like they have a double edged sword in front of them. On one hand Wingate still has to play Mars Hill and Newberry, also there are a few high ranking GSC games to be played this season. So there are going to be some teams losing in front of them, but on the flip those teams will be receiving some nice bumps in their SOS. Only real SOS bump FSU has is playing Bowie.

If FSU wins out and Bowie only loses to FSU then they are both in. If FSU loses one more game then I have no idea and have to defer to Inkblot's assessment on this one.

Comment

Where HBCUs stand in the D2 football playoffs picture

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/10/25/w...yoffs-picture/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X