Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA New Fee Based Streaming

It appears the CIAA is finally assisting the schools with updating their streaming so that there will be consistency across the board. However, with the good comes the bad and now they will be charging a streaming fee. Looks like this basketball season the Conference will start charging: "Packages for the 2021-22 basketball regular season will be offered in three pricing tiers: a $9.99 per game rate, a $24.99 monthly subscription with access to all games within 30-days of the purchase date, and a $79.99 all-access subscription for all games throughout the season." Charges for football and volleyball will start next year.

I am curious to see how the conference splits this money up. I am assuming for the monthly and annual subscription fees that would be split evenly amongest the schools, but wonder about the per game purchases (e.g. do only the participanting schools or the home school get the revenue that the conference doesn't keep).

https://hbcugameday.com/2021/10/27/c...ription-model/

I'm fine with it, if it presents a quality product. It would definitely be on a game by game basis though. I try to attend any games within a 2-3 hour drive anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post
      I'm fine with it, if it presents a quality product. It would definitely be on a game by game basis though. I try to attend any games within a 2-3 hour drive anyhow.
      I agree. As long as the feeds are good quality and the schools get a fair cut then I would pay for some games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X