Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA Football 2019 R U Ready??????

This may turn out to be a very interesting year for WSSU. I can see from this article that there are coaching changes and adjustments I feel will make a big difference. Not to mention a full coaching staff.

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...State%20Sports

Re: CIAA Football 2019 R U Ready??????

Man oh man, is my ole Brave's fan buddy all excited about this upcoming UNCP vs WSSU match up!!

He recently said "the Ram's visit to play against this year's bigger, faster, tougher, deeper, and more experienced Brave's team will be a truly humbling experience", adding he's expecting to see dominance on both sides of the ball, with the Rams feeling the ongoing pressure and wearing down midway through the second quarter. Add in the fact that the Rams are having to travel to play in Brave's Nation, this one may be down right ugly."

He also told me that you better get your tickets early for this one.

https://uncpbraves.com/news/2019/8/3...on-drills.aspx

Well, we'll see, best of luck to both teams!

Comment

Most every outing in this game starts with WSSU getting ahead and UNC-P catching up. Alot of people have transferred from UNC-P, so I'm not so sure about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post
        Most every outing in this game starts with WSSU getting ahead and UNC-P catching up. Alot of people have transferred from UNC-P, so I'm not so sure about this one.
        Just curious, since you say "Alot", can you name any or all impact players from last year's team that has transferred since last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
          Man oh man, is my ole Brave's fan buddy all excited about this upcoming UNCP vs WSSU match up!!

He recently said "the Ram's visit to play against this year's bigger, faster, tougher, deeper, and more experienced Brave's team will be a truly humbling experience", adding he's expecting to see dominance on both sides of the ball, with the Rams feeling the ongoing pressure and wearing down midway through the second quarter. Add in the fact that the Rams are having to travel to play in Brave's Nation, this one may be down right ugly."

He also told me that you better get your tickets early for this one.

https://uncpbraves.com/news/2019/8/3...on-drills.aspx

Well, we'll see, best of luck to both teams!

Comment

Just curious, since you say "Alot", can you name any or all impact players from last year's team that has transferred since last season?
            Sure. There are a number of key underclassmen that aren't on this years roster so far. Other than Kearney, UNC-P lost their parti-time starter Joshua Dale to Cal PA. After that, a couple of notable underclassmen missing on the 2019 Roster:

3- Corey West (So. last year) - lead the team in receptions
            33- Colton Weeks (RS-So last year), who was the leading tackler from last year
            84 - Aaron Whitaker (RS-Jr last year)

Key players who graduated
            Tyler Hinton - Lead the team in sacks with 7.5 and lead the teams in TFL with 14.5
            Tajai Lyles - 2nd in team in sacks
            Josh Maans - 2nd leading tackler

The QB position has been a rotating door at UNCP the last couple of years. Since 2016, the Braves had O'Brien leave, who replaced by Reggie Pinner. Pinner didnt start against WSSU. Instead, that job fell to true freshman Dominick Samson. He left after the season ended (and is now a TE at UNC-Chapel Hill), and Dale/Josh Jones played musical chairs against the Rams. Jones got better as the season went on and is the presumptive starter...but behind him are a pair of freshman. Again.

Comment

Willicor,

So, after your post, I called my Brave's bud and reviewed what you said with him.

After what seemed like several minutes of laughing, and taking a break to wipe his eyes, he said the Ram's fan (you) is awarded the trifecta of fantasy, disillusionment, and misinformation. He said anyone can check the facts. In the past 2 seasons, the Brave's lowest attended home game was against the no-show Rams. Most of the SAC games brought in a lot more fans (from both sides), again check the numbers. This may be why the Braves have decided to end the home-away series with WSSU in the near future. The get your tickets early quote was directed towards the Braves fans, not the Rams because of the rise in the excitement of the potential of this year's team.

I asked about the transfer of Bikembe Kearney, and he said that even though Bikembe was a nice guy, being #17th in defense statistics with the Braves last year, he could end up as a starter for the Rams. Adding, for every Bikembe, there's a Jo Jo Grant which jumped ship from WSSU over to UNCP and thoroughly enjoyed his time with the Braves team.

Laughingly, he said that one thing that has stuck in his mind about the last time that the Rams visited the Braves, was the much anticipated tailgating. He and several Braves fans were cooking up some pork shoulders, brats, BBQ Chicken and some wings, etc when a couple of Rams fans pulled up beside them and pulled out an ole little rusty charcoal grill, got the coals going, and then threw on what looked like some fat back and a few brim (fish) which may have been caught in a pond up in Winston Salem a few days ago. After a while, the Ram's fellows came over and asked if we had any extra BBQ sauce they could borrow, while staring at the spread of food and chilled down beverages we had. I asked if they would like to pull up a chair and help yourself, to which they jumped at the opportunity and ate as if they had been starving for a week. We enjoyed conversation and banter while they ate (their grilled food completely burned) and they threw down the beverages like the apocalypses was coming that night. It was a good time, but i'm pretty sure they never made it through the gates for the game.

Comment

Willicor,

So, after your post, I called my Brave's bud and reviewed what you said with him.

After what seemed like several minutes of laughing, and taking a break to wipe his eyes, he said the Ram's fan (you) is awarded the trifecta of fantasy, disillusionment, and misinformation. He said anyone can check the facts. In the past 2 seasons, the Brave's lowest attended home game was against the no-show Rams. Most of the SAC games brought in a lot more fans (from both sides), again check the numbers. This may be why the Braves have decided to end the home-away series with WSSU in the near future. The get your tickets early quote was directed towards the Braves fans, not the Rams because of the rise in the excitement of the potential of this year's team.

I asked about the transfer of Bikembe Kearney, and he said that even though Bikembe was a nice guy, being #17th in defense statistics with the Braves last year, he could end up as a starter for the Rams. Adding, for every Bikembe, there's a Jo Jo Grant which jumped ship from WSSU over to UNCP and thoroughly enjoyed his time with the Braves team.

Laughingly, he said that one thing that has stuck in his mind about the last time that the Rams visited the Braves, was the much anticipated tailgating. He and several Braves fans were cooking up some pork shoulders, brats, BBQ Chicken and some wings, etc when a couple of Rams fans pulled up beside them and pulled out an ole little rusty charcoal grill, got the coals going, and then threw on what looked like some fat back and a few brim (fish) which may have been caught in a pond up in Winston Salem a few days ago. After a while, the Ram's fellows came over and asked if we had any extra BBQ sauce they could borrow, while staring at the spread of food and chilled down beverages we had. I asked if they would like to pull up a chair and help yourself, to which they jumped at the opportunity and ate as if they had been starving for a week. We enjoyed conversation and banter while they ate (their grilled food completely burned) and they threw down the beverages like the apocalypses was coming that night. It was a good time, but i'm pretty sure they never made it through the gates for the game.

Comment

Willicor,

Just remember Eagke74, the Board is laughing at you, not with you.

You're comparing attendance to a 3pm game on a Thursday to attendance on a Saturday. However, even with your false and derogatory statement on WSSU Tailgating, you made my point. We showed up to Tailgate at 11am for a 3pm game and brought fans.

Also, Kearney was the 5th leading tackler for UNCP in 2017. I hope he plays at WSSU, but not at Safety when a WSSU safety led nation in INT'S in 2018.

Look at 2015 when game wasn't at 3pm.

Highest attended game that season and twice attendance if any non HBCU home game.

Sep 3, 2015 #20 WINSTON-SALEM STATE W 17-7 1-0-0 0-0-0 2:50 7357
                  Sep 12, 2015 at Fayetteville State W 14-10 2-0-0 0-0-0 2:42
                  Sep 19, 2015 SHAW W 16-6 3-0-0 0-0-0 2:42 5206
                  Sep 26, 2015 at North Greenville L 17-40 3-1-0 0-0-0 2:55 2647
                  Oct 3, 2015 #17 TUSKEGEE W 29-17 4-1-0 0-0-0 2:50 2789
                  Oct 17, 2015 at #17 North Alabama L 28-62 4-2-0 0-0-0 2:45 9794
                  Oct 24, 2015 at Catawba L 21-39 4-3-0 0-0-0 2:48 3552
                  Oct 31, 2015 WEST VIRGINIA STATE W 45-21 5-3-0 0-0-0 2:57 3214
                  Nov 07, 2015 at Kentucky Wesleyan L 31-39 5-4-0 0-0-0 3:03 300
                  Nov 14, 2015 LIMESTONE W 31-14 6-4-0 0-0-0 - 3195

Comment

LOL, I will let my ole Brave's bud know that his comments were less than embraced (including his crazy tailgating story) by the Ram's faithful. I'm pretty sure that his comments were in reference to last season, and not from years ago.

In the future, I will refrain from sharing my conversations with my friend, no matter how funny they are, as I've come to realize that simple pregame banter is not enjoyed by everyone, especially those with thin skin.

So, let the game results speak for itself.

Again, best of luck to both teams.

Comment

LOL, I will let my ole Brave's bud know that his comments were less than embraced (including his crazy tailgating story) by the Ram's faithful. I'm pretty sure that his comments were in reference to last season, and not from years ago.

In the future, I will refrain from sharing my conversations with my friend, no matter how funny they are, as I've come to realize that simple pregame banter is not enjoyed by everyone, especially those with thin skin.

So, let the game results speak for itself.

Again, best of luck to both teams.
                      There is a difference between Banter and what you posted. But you already know that. That's why you made your last post.

When presented with factual info to dispute what you posted, you run.

Comment

I'm right here, what ya got?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X