Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell Performances

It is a foregone conclusion that two Southern Division coaches will be on the sidelines with their respective teams - WSSU and JCSU - for the last time this weekend. But as I think about it, there is a third coach on the hot seat at Livingstone. And let's not forget how quickly St. Aug will pull the trigger on a coach.

What are your thoughts? Which Northern Division schools might hit SEND on Monday for a Head Football Coach job posting?

Kermit Blount and Robert Massey are gone for sure. Massey's departure is full circle. By that I mean he had to face some unprecedented challenges, as did many other programs dealing with Covid, however,he also had almost 3 years to make the case for the job. The Boulware departure was very slow and messy, and Massey had the inside track to get the job full-time. However, at the end of the day, he flat out cannot coach! Whether it's the staff he chose or the way he prepared his teams, it was glaringly obvious that he lacks the intangibles to lead a program.

Blount, is out of touch in my opinion with where the game is currently. That probably can be said of Massey, also. I don't begrudge either coach for their particular style of coaching, but ultimately results are what matter. Neither of these coaches have produced winning seasons. The respective schools have to move on, but hopefully not recycle the same old faces. Bring in some new young hungry blood!

Just my opinion!
    Last edited by WSSU1996; 11-04-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post
      Kermit Blount and Robert Massey are gone for sure. Massey's departure is full circle. By that I mean he had to face some unprecedented challenges, as did many other programs dealing with Covid, however,he also had almost 3 years to make the case for the job. The Boulware departure was very slow and messy, and Massey had the inside track to get the job full-time. However, at the end of the day, he flat out cannot coach! Whether it's the staff he chose or the way he prepared his teams, it was glaringly obvious that he lacks the intangibles to lead a program.

Blount, is out of touch in my opinion with where the game is currently. That probably can be said of Massey, also. I don't begrudge either coach for their particular style of coaching, but ultimately results are what matter. Neither of these coaches have produced winning seasons. The respective schools have to move on, but hopefully not recycle the same old faces. Bring in some new young hungry blood!

Just my opinion!
      I agree 100% with every word especially the last sentence. WSSU had talent on the team the coaching was suspect on all levels in the beginning. After the resignation things did improve however, the damage was already done. I look forward to a coaching change and a rebuilding process and maybe a return to the ship in the near future. Go Rams!!

Comment

Agree with everything that has been said. Massey just can't coach. He inherited a conference championship caliber program at Shaw and ran that into the ground, and he has taking WSSU to their lowest level since returning to D2.

Blount has got to be done. Then the icing on the cake was the fact that today's brawl was started by the JCSU sideline.

Comment

I'm just throwing this out there. I like Coach Barlow and nothing is going to happen to him. BUT could we do better?

We lost a close game to Dominican
          We should have beaten Chowan and Union.
          We rely too much on the run

I know it's the year after COVID but I felt at least a couple of the losses were due to bad coaching. His coaching has never impressed me. Honestly I think he's the 5th or 6th best coach in the CIAA.

Now on to basketball....

Comment

First one..

ECSU Parts Ways with Head Football Coach Anthony Jones

https://newsroom.ecsu.edu/ecsu-parts...anthony-jones/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X