Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECSU Coaching Change

Any word on what the school will do? Coach Jones was pretty outspoken in a recent interview about the issues at ECSU. Does anyone think they will make any significant changes??? Who would be candidates for the position???

I think Coach has pulled the covers off an issue that happens at a lot of schools, including WSSU! I feel he did the best he could with what he had. Good luck to Coach Jones.

Comment

Is Massey still at WSSU? I know there were a lot of people on this board ready to help him pack during the season. I haven't seen anything about him moving on?

Comment

Is Massey still at WSSU? I know there were a lot of people on this board ready to help him pack during the season. I haven't seen anything about him moving on?

All the changes in football staff takes place when new coach is hired. It is still possible that new HC may keep Massey on staff. So presently Massey is keep the seat warm until the next HC arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          Yeah he's still there, but just waiting for the announcement to be made. There's a couple of FCS coordinators and assistants whose names have floated around so I'm guessing it will probably be a few more weeks before we announce a new coach. I'm just hoping it at least happens before the winter break but we shall see.

Personally I doubt Massey will be part of the next staff but it wouldn't surprise me if he pops up on the staff at another CIAA school. He seems to find a way to stay in the mix of CIAA football.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post
            Any word on what the school will do? Coach Jones was pretty outspoken in a recent interview about the issues at ECSU. Does anyone think they will make any significant changes??? Who would be candidates for the position???
            I could see some D2 coordinators wanting the job, or maybe an outcast former FCS or D2 HBCU coach looking for another chance.

Problem is they need more funding if they won't to be competitive again. Positive for them though is with the low tuition you'd think they could attract more walk-ons, especially from the talent rich tidewater area of VA which is literally right across the boarder from ECSU.

Comment

I drove by Elizabeth City about 2 months ago. Didn't have time to drive by the college but looked like a nice area. I was coming out of VB and headed down to Lejune

Comment

Any Candidate names or timeframe???

Comment

Any Candidate names or timeframe???
                  Hopefully for their sake sometime before the end of the year. Same for WSSU.

Also, add JCSU to the mix of needing a new coach as they finally let go of Blount.

Don't know why it takes our shools so long to hire a new coach. Lincoln MO fired their HC and had a replacement named in roughly two weeks.

Comment

I drove by Elizabeth City about 2 months ago. Didn't have time to drive by the college but looked like a nice area. I was coming out of VB and headed down to Lejune
                    If I was being recruited to ECSU I wouldn't be drawn to the area. My brother in law just moved from EC. It's a nice area if you are old, settled and don't require much. Now you are with in driving distance of some things but still the area is not what sells ECSU. It's very similar to Va State. But I think we are in a little better financial state.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Hopefully for their sake sometime before the end of the year. Same for WSSU.

Also, add JCSU to the mix of needing a new coach as they finally let go of Blount.

Don't know why it takes our shools so long to hire a new coach. Lincoln MO fired their HC and had a replacement named in roughly two weeks.
                      Being an MIAA guy. On paper I'm really impressed with Lincolns hire. Tough road to hoe in the MIAA. They are underfunded and under enrolled.

The other school that had an opening and has by far the largest enrollment UCO just hired Adam Dorrel who just left Abilene Christian. Before that he won four national championships at Northwest Missouri.

Last year my team Pitt State hired the OC from Toledo.

The coach at Lincoln has his work cut out for him.

Comment

Being an MIAA guy. On paper I'm really impressed with Lincolns hire. Tough road to hoe in the MIAA. They are underfunded and under enrolled.

The other school that had an opening and has by far the largest enrollment UCO just hired Adam Dorrel who just left Abilene Christian. Before that he won four national championships at Northwest Missouri.

Last year my team Pitt State hired the OC from Toledo.

The coach at Lincoln has his work cut out for him.
                        Yeah, it seems Lincoln MO will forever be in an uphill battle playing in the MIAA. It was nice when the conference let them go to the GLVC, but even that didn't seem to offer much improvement for them.

Comment

ECSU has found their new coach. Marcus Hilliard, he's an ECSU alum who has been on VUU's staff the last 3 years and prior to that was on ECSU's staff for 14 years. ECSU went out there and got someone who will really be vested in getting ECSU back to the top of the North Division.

https://ecsuvikings.com/news/2021/12...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Congratulations Vikings on what appears to be a very good choice for Head Coach.

As the University grows and continues to sign more and more players from the VA Tidewater area along with transfers from other schools, in a progressive move, I hope Coach Marcus Hilliard considers adding some diversity to his coaching staff just as WSSU, Virginia Union, etc. have done.

Best of luck Vikings!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X