Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie State vs Newberry

The Bulldogs have advanced to the 2nd rd of the NCAA tournament for the 2nd time in school history. This Saturday they will face the Wolves of Newberry at Bulldogs Stadium, where they haven't lost since the 1st rd playoff game in 2019(Carson Newman).

The Bulldog's defense has been its calling card all season and has proven it can lock down a high octane offense. I have the Bulldogs winning by 10+ at home. I don't see Newberry scoring over 13 pts.

We shall see. Looking forward to the game.

Bulldogs are formidable and Newberry is taking that defense pretty seriously.

But remember too, everyone pegged the Wolves as a easy team and just a 'bye' for UWF and that didn't quite workout for them.

Wolves defense kept the Argos to season lows as well.

Two good defenses will play their hearts out on Saturday.

Good luck and may they all (and we) have fun!

Comment

I see this very close. Bowie may be a 3 point favorite simply becuase we are playing at their house, but it will not be a blow-out either way.

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post
        We shall see. Looking forward to the game.

Bulldogs are formidable and Newberry is taking that defense pretty seriously.

But remember too, everyone pegged the Wolves as a easy team and just a 'bye' for UWF and that didn't quite workout for them.

Wolves defense kept the Argos to season lows as well.

Two good defenses will play their hearts out on Saturday.

Good luck and may they all (and we) have fun!
        There is no proverbial underdog in this matchup. Bowie will NOT take the Wolves lightly, as the defending national champs may have been guilty of this past Saturday. My ten point prediction was based on the fact that the Bulldogs defense creates multiple turnovers and usually score once a game. Hoping for a great, injury free game. It will probably be another cold game, as well.

Comment

This will not be an easy game for either teams. For Newberry, by beating the national champs on West Florida's home field will give NC confidence. They are a gritty team anyway and I feel they are even more hungry. BSU need to stay focused and execute. Playing at home is a plus but unless you TCB it will have you preparing for next season. Shall be a good game and I will be pulling for the CIAA member, which I think is the more talented team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hailscarlet&gray View Post
            I see this very close. Bowie may be a 3 point favorite simply becuase we are playing at their house, but it will not be a blow-out either way.
            Massey has Newberry as a big favorite, even on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post

Massey has Newberry as a big favorite, even on the road.
              Massey also had L-R beating us by multiple scores. Thats why they play the game.

Comment

So if you look at a short history of the last two playoffs you will find that the last two teams that beat LR in the playoffs ended up winning the national championship. They say things come in threes so Bowie this could be your year.

Comment

Scoreless 1st half. Also, unable to follow the ball, thanks to the staff working the cameras. Have to depend on the announcers.

Comment

Prayers that Jerome Johnson is OK. That dude is a playmaker!

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post
                      Prayers that Jerome Johnson is OK. That dude is a playmaker!
                      That kid is ballin his tail off !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

That kid is ballin his tail off !!!
                        ShoNuff ;)

Comment

What a game!! Bowie St comes back and win 13-10! Congrats to Bowie State!

Comment

Congratulations Bowie State. Your defense is as good as advertised. Good luck moving forward.

Comment

That was a great game to watch, even if it ended in a way I didn't want.

Y'all's D is very good and Johnson is a stud!

Good luck against Valdosta State!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X