Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Bowie on a gutsy win! Good luck in the regional final! I am compelled to say HBCU has to protect it's "Brand"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pm2011 View Post
      Prayers that Jerome Johnson is OK. That dude is a playmaker!
      Now lets hope Johnson is OK and can actually play next weekend.

Comment

Congrats to Bowie State. I was watching the broadcast and both teams left it all on the field. Proud of the Wolves, it was a great season. Good luck to the Bulldogs in the regional final.

Also, if any of you Bowie folks know the broadcast crew, tell them they did a great job. I think the main guy said he is a student, but he sounded like a 30year vet. I have watched a lot of school broadcasts this year, and I enjoyed this one the most.

Comment

Good Job Bowie! Awesome grit by Johnson & the whole team really. As on old SMAC player I always pull for you guys when your not playing the Rams.

It's going to be tough heading down south!!

Comment

Good game!

Gotta admit. Jarome Johnson was looking like a real liability late in the game after his injury. He seemed limited in what he could while in the pocket from that point on. I've only been to one Bowie game this season, watched the CIAA Championship and the 2 playoff games online. Is there a major drop off in ability between Johnson and his backup? The thought of a banged up Johnson against Valdosta next week makes me nervous. Has the backup gotten any gametime against Bowie's better opponents this season?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
              Good game!

Gotta admit. Jarome Johnson was looking like a real liability late in the game after his injury. He seemed limited in what he could while in the pocket from that point on. I've only been to one Bowie game this season, watched the CIAA Championship and the 2 playoff games online. Is there a major drop off in ability between Johnson and his backup? The thought of a banged up Johnson against Valdosta next week makes me nervous. Has the backup gotten any gametime against Bowie's better opponents this season?
              I was thinking Johnson was a liability in that 2nd half as well. Was unable to move in the pocket during a few passing plays and was sacked. But the young man made plays with his arm to pull out this win. REALLY hope he can get healthy for next week's game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                Good game!

He started against Lincoln and ECSU. JJ will be ok. He has been gritting it out for a few games now. He won't be 100% until season is over and has time to heal. He made the plays on the passing games when things mattered. We also had a few dropped passes on what would have been big plays. Him and Wilkins are heartbeat of offense

Comment

Great hard hitting game by both teams. Each represented their schools and conferences well. That game is what playoff football is all about.

Comment

Congratulations Bowie, looking forward to the game next week. Possessions are going to be limited so I hope we can be efficient. During our last meeting our announcers mentioned how young the team was, now that you're all grown, we know we're going up against an elite opponent. Everyone's talking about your defense and rightfully so because you allow under 13 points per game, but you guys average over 33 points per game, so we'll see whether the scores are in the teens or thirties. Either way it should be a good game.

Comment

Man oh man. I have no voice left after that incredible defensive battle. Shoutout to Coach Wilson, DC Antone Sewell and the best defense in the country! Defense travels and that's the 2nd team in a row that averages 40+ that we held under 11. I'm so proud of my guys and this is NOT the end! Don't think for one second, the Dawgs have forgotten what happened 3 or 4 years ago down Valdosta . We are playing with house money, but we are not underdogs. We earned this and want all of the smoke!!
                      Last edited by BSURover31; 11-27-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Bowie State!! A very strong performance on D!! Proving yet again how far the CIAA has come in the past 5 years.

Comment

Congrats on a great win today!!! I'm pretty certain this makes Bowie just the second CIAA team to make a regional final. Best of luck next week.

Comment

I primarily follow the PSAC (especially Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, and IUP), but living in the DC area I keep an eye on Bowie State and root for them to do well. Congrats on the win, and hopefully the Bulldogs can surprise some people next week and upset Valdosta State. (And if that happens, hopefully Bowie State will be matched up with the Shepherd/Kutztown winner in the national semifinals for the short road trip for the road team!)

Comment

My nephew was born in Washington DC and raised in Bowie, Maryland! I went to Go visit him in Bowie. We both live in Kingsville, TX now, home of Texas A&M Kingsville Javelinas. Go Bulldogs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X