X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie State Head Coach Damon Wilson headed to Morgan State

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/05/25/m...h-per-sources/

Damn! Dang! Darn!

Losing the D Coordinator was one thing, but now this? Sheesh!!!

I hope BSU can maintain the status quo, but I don't know man. Let's hope the next coach can keep the party going.

Comment

Darn, I hate to see him go........ I also think the rest of the CIAA coaches aren't mad that he is leaving. LOL

But on the real he turned Bowie around and showed how to build a D2 program up without solely relying on transfers. Best of luck with finding your next coach.

Comment

Damn, that's a hurt piece.....

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
          Damn! Dang! Darn!

Losing the D Coordinator was one thing, but now this? Sheesh!!!

I hope BSU can maintain the status quo, but I don't know man. Let's hope the next coach can keep the party going.
          I am shocked he took the Morgan St job. That job has a revolving door attached to it. A very difficult job to bring in the FCS quality recruits. I certainly wish him the best at Morgan St, would love to see that team competitive.
          Last edited by ShoNuff; 06-07-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

One would think Morgan being in a metropolitan city they'd be able to sell that to recruits but they've been near the bottom of the MEAC for years now. Coach Wilson has his hands full but for him to make that jump they have to have funding in place to get their scholarship levels up to par with the other regional programs (Towson/Howard/NSU/Hampton) to get FCS quality recruits there and more importantly once they get them, retain them rather than them transfer for better programs. I'd think Baltimore has more to offer nightlife wise than Orangesburg, SC & Durham, NC lol. The Interim HC is passionate and I believe he will keep the ship afloat and BSU won't lose much in terms of success within the conference. Now if Wilson were able to pry some of those Bowie players to Morgan than we may see a drop off fairly quickly at BSU.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
              One would think Morgan being in a metropolitan city they'd be able to sell that to recruits but they've been near the bottom of the MEAC for years now. Coach Wilson has his hands full but for him to make that jump they have to have funding in place to get their scholarship levels up to par with the other regional programs (Towson/Howard/NSU/Hampton) to get FCS quality recruits there and more importantly once they get them, retain them rather than them transfer for better programs. I'd think Baltimore has more to offer nightlife wise than Orangesburg, SC & Durham, NC lol. The Interim HC is passionate and I believe he will keep the ship afloat and BSU won't lose much in terms of success within the conference. Now if Wilson were able to pry some of those Bowie players to Morgan than we may see a drop off fairly quickly at BSU.
              I do not believe Bowie St is worried about their players being poached to attend Morgan State. You wouldn't surprise me that several of the players on the Bowie St roster were recruited by Morgan State but decided to attend Bowie State. And a current coaching change won't pry these kids.

Comment

A lot of BOWIE kids are in the portal! Even the kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
                  A lot of BOWIE kids are in the portal! Even the kicker.
                  That's how it works now. Coach leaves and cherry-picks the top talent from the program he just left. The "honest" coaches wait until AFTER they are gone before contacting transfering players...The less honest recruit the players to their new school before they have even left!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X