Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Scores and Updates

Post them when you get them.

I just realized my CIAASN subscription is only good for home games. I’m canceling this nonsense. It’s starting to be not worth it

Comment

VSU 7
      LC 0

VSU 2 blocked punts and zero points from them. Terrible.

Comment

Late in the 2nd quarter Chowan scores off a bad punt snap that went over the WSSU kicker's head.

WSSU 0
        Chowan 7

2nd

Comment

VUU just took the lead early in the 4th.

VUU 24
          FSU 21

4th

Comment

WSSU is making Chowan look like the Green Bay Packers. I wish we could trade QBs with Chowan. How do they get these QBs?

I know Chowan is not this good and I can’t believe WSSU is this bad. This is my first time seeing WSSU play.
            Last edited by GoVSUTrojans; 09-24-2022, 05:21 PM.

Comment

FINAL: Virginia Union 31 - Fayetteville 28

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                WSSU is making Chowan look like the Green Bay Packers. I wish we could trade QBs with Chowan. How do they get these QBs?

I know Chowan is not this good and I can’t believe WSSU is this bad. This is my first time seeing WSSU play.
                This is what happens when you hire a career loser for a coach after giving him two seasons to prove himself as an interim head coach. Like seriously who hires a coach that goes 7-12 is your interim head coach and loses a game 73-7? Massey now has a career record of 23-60 as a head coach. We used to get mad at Boulware because he was settling for being mediocre. Massey now has us completely in the dumps at the bottom of the conference.

At this point I'm not sure we will win a game this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

This is what happens when you hire a career loser for a coach after giving him two seasons to prove himself as an interim head coach. Like seriously who hires a coach that goes 7-12 is your interim head coach and loses a game 73-7? Massey now has a career record of 23-60 as a head coach. We used to get mad at Boulware because he was settling for being mediocre. Massey now has us completely in the dumps at the bottom of the conference.

At this point I'm not sure we will win a game this year.
                  LegalRam, my heart literally aches for these players. They are being setup to fail. I went by practice last week and it is a dumpster fire! There is no organization, discipline or football knowledge being imparted to the players . When mistakes were made, they were not addressed nor corrected! I couldn't believe my eyes. We don't have a player or personnel problem, we have a leadership problem! Sadly, we are locked in for four more seasons. We have truly hit rock bottom. This is not a money thing either, now it will help, don't get me wrong but this is absolutely a leadership issue by our athletic leadership, period!

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post

LegalRam, my heart literally aches for these players. They are being setup to fail. I went by practice last week and it is a dumpster fire! There is no organization, discipline or football knowledge being imparted to the players . When mistakes were made, they were not addressed nor corrected! I couldn't believe my eyes. We don't have a player or personnel problem, we have a leadership problem! Sadly, we are locked in for four more seasons. We have truly hit rock bottom. This is not a money thing either, now it will help, don't get me wrong but this is absolutely a leadership issue by our athletic leadership, period!
                    That's sad to hear about practice. You're 100% correct, this is a leadership thing. The talent is there, we have been recruiting all state, all region, state champions, and east v west game players. We still get quality transfers. The staff just isn't coaching them up. Granted the QB situation isn't good, but we do have two freshmen who produced in high school so with the right coaches they could produce in the future.

You're also spot on about the money comment. It would be one thing if we were only losing to the top teams in the conference and needed to start sponsoring more scholarships to get to the next level, but that's not it. There is no excuse for losing to ECSU and Central State with our current funding level. If we are losing those types of games I have no faith that more money would produce better results. Massey is a bad investment at this time and more money can't fix this problem.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X