9/16 vs. Shaw
    9/23 vs. St Augs
    9/30 @ Livingstone
    10/7 vs. VSU
    10/14 @ VUU
    10/21 @ Blue State
    10/28 vs. ECSU
    11/4 @ Lincoln
    Sheesh! Bowie could realistically start the season 0-3.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Unless you're saying that Shaw is going to be very good, I tend to agree with you on the first two games.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Wow, I give them some credit for finding those games to schedule. Those seem to have come out of left field, but at least they got 2 true D2 OOC games.
        Those games are DEF the effect of having Mo Flowers as HC.

Comment

Shaw Bears - https://shawbears.com/news/2023/3/22...l-schedul.aspx

"We may have the toughest schedule in Division II," Jones said. "I don't know of any team that has three playoff opponents from last year on its schedule. We have our work cut out, but this is a veteran team that knows how to compete."

Hate to break it to Coach Jones but since there were conferences that placed three teams in the playoffs last year there are other teams out there playing three playoff teams, and I am certain there are also teams playing more than three playoff teams from last year.

9/2 @ Benedict (SIAC)
          9/9 vs. VUU (non-conference)
          9/16 @ Bowie
          9/23 @ ECSU
          9/30 vs. VSU
          10/7 vs. JCSU
          10/14 vs. WSSU
          10/21 @ Livingstone
          10/28 vs. FSU
          11/4 @ St Augs

Comment

Del State could the be easiest game out of that stretch

Comment

Fayetteville State Schedule

I like it, two true OOC games against in state competition.

9/2 @ UNCP (MEC)
              9/9 vs. Lenoir-Rhyne (SAC)
              9/16 vs. Lincoln
              9/23 @ VUU
              9/30 @ Blue State
              10/7 @ St. Augs
              10/14 vs. Linvingstone
              10/21 vs. JCSU
              10/28 @ Shaw
              11/4 vs. WSSU

Comment

WSSU plan to release their schedule when they play their spring game.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

Unless you're saying that Shaw is going to be very good, I tend to agree with you on the first two games.
                  Based my statement primarily on Shaw beating Bowie last season and playing them tough in defeat previous seasons.

Comment

Based my statement primarily on Shaw beating Bowie last season and playing them tough in defeat previous seasons.
                    I can understand your statement, but at the same time Bowie lost a lot from that previous season. They were clearly overrated last season. Not to take anything away from Shaw; they are always a wildcard and tough to play.

Comment

https://wssurams.com/news/2023/4/14/...-schedule.aspx

2023 WSSU Schedule

WINSTON-SALEM, NC – The Winston-Salem State University football team has announced its 2023 schedule featuring four home contests at Bowman Gray Stadium.

The Rams open the season with two road contests including the season opener against North Carolina Central in Durham, North Carolina on September 2nd. This will be the 47th Eagles and Rams meeting since the first two teams met in 1945.

Currently, WSSU has a bye on September 9th. (Subject to change)

Winston-Salem will begin its home campaign on September 16th hosting Elizabeth City State University at Bowman Gray Stadium. This will be the 60th meeting between the Vikings and the Rams.

The Rams will welcome new CIAA opponent Bluefield State to Bowman Gray on September 23rd. To end the month the Rams will travel to Lincoln, Pennsylvania to play the Lions on September 30th.

As the new month rolls in, the Rams host Livingstone College on October 7th.

On October 14th the Rams travel to Raleigh to face Shaw before hosting the Falcons of Saint Augustine's on October 21st for homecoming.

WSSU will hit the road for the final two games at Johnson C. Smith and Fayetteville State on October 28th and November 4th, respectively.

CIAA Championships is on November 11th in Salem, Virginia.

2023 WSSU Schedule
                      9/2 at North Carolina Central
                      9/9 Bye Opponent TBD
                      9/16 Elizabeth City St.
                      9/23 Bluefield St.
                      9/30 at Lincoln(Pa.)
                      10/7 Livingstone
                      10/14 Shaw
                      10/21 St. Augustine's (Homecoming)
                      10/28 at Johnson C. Smith
                      11/4 at Fayetteville St.
                      Last edited by gsutiger2002; 04-14-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Kentucky State appears to still have an opening for Week 2, maybe our AD can call her old school up and get a game scheduled.

I also see that Mars Hill and Wingate are playing a non conference game in week 2. Currently it looks like WSSU, ECSU, and St Augs all have week 2 openings. Wonder if theres a chance that Mars Hill and Wingate terminate their game so that we can get two CIAA v. SAC matchups in Week 2 instead.

Comment

Ohio Dominican is open week 2.

Comment

Kentucky State appears to still have an opening for Week 2, maybe our AD can call her old school up and get a game scheduled.

I also see that Mars Hill and Wingate are playing a non conference game in week 2. Currently it looks like WSSU, ECSU, and St Augs all have week 2 openings. Wonder if theres a chance that Mars Hill and Wingate terminate their game so that we can get two CIAA v. SAC matchups in Week 2 instead.
                            I agree here. Both schools in the past have been willing to travel too.

Comment

Fayetteville State Schedule

I like it, two true OOC games against in state competition.

9/2 @ UNCP (MEC)
                              9/9 vs. Lenoir-Rhyne (SAC)
                              9/16 vs. Lincoln
                              9/23 @ VUU
                              9/30 @ Blue State
                              10/7 @ St. Augs
                              10/14 vs. Linvingstone
                              10/21 vs. JCSU
                              10/28 @ Shaw
                              11/4 vs. WSSU
                              Fairly tough schedule for FSU no doubt! Even though FSU should have a pretty good team this coming season, by the end of week 4, I can easily see the Broncos being at 1-3, and 3 D2 losses makes it a bit difficult to make the playoffs these days.

Comment

ECSU's Schedule

Well ECSU's schedule is out and they answered the question about week 9 for two CIAA schools. Also, unique draw only having one true away game in the first six weeks and then only one home game in the last four weeks.

9/2 vs. Catawba (SAC)
                                9/9 vs. St Augs (counts as OOC) (neutral site - Rocky Mount, NC)
                                9/16 @ WSSU
                                9/23 vs. Shaw
                                9/30 vs. JCSU
                                10/7 vs. VUU
                                10/14 @ Lincoln
                                10/21 @ VA State
                                10/28 @ Bowie
                                11/4 vs. Blue State

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...