Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA Football

Spring ball is upon us!!
    Who have had the best recruiting year so far?
    Who will have the most impactful transfer and Freshman? In 2022 Lincoln & Virginia Union tied for (Freshman -Freeman & Myers) (Transfer Unions DL Anderson)

Top 3 North Teams
    Bowie State 2 All Conference Returners
    Virginia State 4 All Conference Returners
    Virginia Union 10 All Conference Returners

Top 3 South Teams
    Fayetteville State 8 All Conference Returners
    Livingstone 1 All Conference Returners
    Shaw 3 All Conference Returners

Crazy to see Livingstone as a Top 3 team in the South division.

In the world of D2 it's hard to call anything at this point with all the player and position coaching changes that can take place over the next few months. In the South alone FSU and WSSU are replacing OCs and St Augs new HC has to put together a whole new staff.

My personal dark horse for most improved team this year will be JCSU. They went 2-7 last year, but 6 of those losses were by a TD or less. I think Flowers is going to have them as a legit contender in the South division this year.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      Crazy to see Livingstone as a Top 3 team in the South division.

In the world of D2 it's hard to call anything at this point with all the player and position coaching changes that can take place over the next few months. In the South alone FSU and WSSU are replacing OCs and St Augs new HC has to put together a whole new staff.

My personal dark horse for most improved team this year will be JCSU. They went 2-7 last year, but 6 of those losses were by a TD or less. I think Flowers is going to have them as a legit contender in the South division this year.
      Is it still crazy?

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
        Is it still crazy?
        Yeah, it's still a crazy day in CIAA football when Livingstone gets blown out by Bluefield State but turns around to soundly beat Bowie and then hit a game winning FG against WSSU. I still don't think they will finish top 3 in the South. I'd say JCSU, FSU, and Shaw will be top three.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Yeah, it's still a crazy day in CIAA football when Livingstone gets blown out by Bluefield State but turns around to soundly beat Bowie and then hit a game winning FG against WSSU. I still don't think they will finish top 3 in the South. I'd say JCSU, FSU, and Shaw will be top three.
          Im saying the same thing. FSU will lose to Shaw WSSU and JCSU!! They were blessed with the monsoon win against UNION. Not enough offense. ST AUG and Lincoln had them on the ropes! Hell The STONE might turn that rock over. The CIAA is crazy this year. Might see another 9-1 team not in the Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post

Im saying the same thing. FSU will lose to Shaw WSSU and JCSU!! They were blessed with the monsoon win against UNION. Not enough offense. ST AUG and Lincoln had them on the ropes! Hell The STONE might turn that rock over. The CIAA is crazy this year. Might see another 9-1 team not in the Championship game.
            Man nobody in the South has much offense. Based on my count there have only been four games this season where a southern team has scored at least 30 points. Looks like the conference championship will really be decided on Nov. 4th when VSU plays VUU, because outside of another flock like that monsoon game, those two teams should win out and nobody from the South stands a chance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X