Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSSU to play Ohio Dominican on September 9th

My WSSU athletic source told me that the Rams will go on the road to face Ohio Dominican on September 9th.This is the replacement opponent after Tuskegee had to cancel. They did not say whether or not this will be a home and home series but I know that is what WSSU was looking for. This is a first time meeting in football from my understanding, and this will certainly help our OOC scheduling. Never been there, but I'm very much looking forward to facing this new opponent. This matchup should be announced very soon on the universities website.

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post
    My WSSU athletic source told me that the Rams will go on the road to face Ohio Dominican on September 9th.This is the replacement opponent after Tuskegee had to cancel. They did not say whether or not this will be a home and home series but I know that is what WSSU was looking for. This is a first time meeting in football from my understanding, and this will certainly help our OOC scheduling. Never been there, but I'm very much looking forward to facing this new opponent. This matchup should be announced very soon on the universities website.
    It's a road game. I was hoping I could catch the Ohio State game after the Rams game, but OSU plays at noon and the Rams at 3. https://journalnow.com/sports/colleg...Qo8pJPrmliZD7o

Comment

I am not sure how this game came about but I feel it should lead to more future contests in the future both institution and conference wise, I may have to take that 6 hour ride to Ohio for this game!

Comment

very cool for both schools and conferences. WSSU always looks good getting off the bus, will be interesting to see how it translates to the field this year.

Comment

This should be a great away game for the Rams which could also boost their S.O.S..
          Hopefully the always entertaining WSSU marching band will also be able to make the trip to Ohio.
          Ohio Dominican will be a tough game for just about any D2 team as they have established a winning tradition. They bring back a lot of talent for this upcoming season, lead by an excellent and diverse coaching staff.
          Should be an entertaining game to see. Best of luck to both teams.

Comment

I have lost the ability to have hope going into any season with our current HC. On paper we are bringing in good recruits, transfers, and assistant coaches but the recent product on the field doesn't play out that way. Starting the season with NCCU and now Ohio Dominican is going to be brutal. The one positive is that barring any significant injuries those two games should more than prepare us for CIAA conference play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
              This should be a great away game for the Rams which could also boost their S.O.S..
              Hopefully the always entertaining WSSU marching band will also be able to make the trip to Ohio.
              Ohio Dominican will be a tough game for just about any D2 team as they have established a winning tradition. They bring back a lot of talent for this upcoming season, lead by an excellent and diverse coaching staff.
              Should be an entertaining game to see. Best of luck to both teams.
              VSU played Ohio Dominican 3 years ago and it was a great game. Dominican's defense held on four downs inside their 10 yard line to win the game. The Trojan Explosion made the trip and their fans loved the band. I flew up for the game and truly expected more from a facilities standpoint, especially considering their Powerhouse rankings, as their stadium resembled a high school stadium and the crowd was sparse. There were probably only a couple hundred fans in attendance. Ohio State had a home game that day at the same time, so maybe that was the reason. Dominican's campus is only about 5 miles from the airport, but it took about 45 minutes to get to their stadium because of traffic going to the Buckeyes game.
              Last edited by VSUTrojans; 06-19-2023, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VSUTrojans View Post

VSU played Ohio Dominican 3 years ago and it was a great game. Dominican's defense held on four downs inside their 10 yard line to win the game. The Trojan Explosion made the trip and their fans loved the band. I flew up for the game and truly expected more from a facilities standpoint, especially considering their Powerhouse rankings, as their stadium resembled a high school stadium and the crowd was sparse. There were probably only a couple hundred fans in attendance. Ohio State had a home game that day at the same time, so maybe that was the reason. Dominican's campus is only about 5 miles from the airport, but it took about 45 minutes to get to their stadium because of traffic going to the Buckeyes game.
                That was a great defensive game. I just watched it on demand. I will be at the game. I see Ohio State will be playing at noon, so I expect the crowd to be affected for this game also.
                https://portal.stretchinternet.com/o...reamType=video

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X