Announcement

Collapse

Avatars

We have been trying to update avatars. For some reason, when you are uploading them they are being sized to 50x50 when they should be 80x80. Our administrators are making changes as we come across them.
See more
See less

Valdosta State News

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Pretty good Q and A with Goff and his requiting tips....

    https://usatodayhss.com/2019/recruit...oach-gary-goff
    Great read. Thanks for posting.



    #BlazerNation

    Comment


    • Red and Black, All Hail!!


      #BlazerNation

      Comment


      • Congrats to VSU's Football Players of the Week and Scout Players of the Week!!


        #BlazerNation

        Comment


        • VSU alumni:
          Today is ring ordering day for upper classmen. Since this is a recent tradition, alumni can also order "The VSU Ring" from Jostens. The one design identifies us all as Blazers!
          There will be a ring ceremony in the spring to dip your ring in the fountain!

          https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/c...te-University/


          #BlazerNation

          Comment


          • vstateblazers.com has new look!! Wow!!

            Last edited by BlazerLady; 09-19-2019, 12:20 PM.

            #BlazerNation

            Comment


            • Le' Cool!!


              #BlazerNation

              Comment


              • I’m curious on something. Do y’all think 3 star football players coming out of either of the 2 high schools there in your county are more inclined to go to schools like Akron or even Georgia State or Georgia Southern than VSU? Those schools will never ever ever play for a national championship and nowadays NFL scouts goes to where the great athletes are at regardless if it’s Athens or Livingston AL to scout, but I’m just curious about the thoughts of the Vsu fans on this board thinks since VSU won it all last year and a good chance they will win it all this year. Heck I think Rogan Wells for example could play any level he wanted too and be great. Thoughts?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                  I’m curious on something. Do y’all think 3 star football players coming out of either of the 2 high schools there in your county are more inclined to go to schools like Akron or even Georgia State or Georgia Southern than VSU? Those schools will never ever ever play for a national championship and nowadays NFL scouts goes to where the great athletes are at regardless if it’s Athens or Livingston AL to scout, but I’m just curious about the thoughts of the Vsu fans on this board thinks since VSU won it all last year and a good chance they will win it all this year. Heck I think Rogan Wells for example could play any level he wanted too and be great. Thoughts?
                  I think it is dependent on the player and a few other variables i.e. does the player want to get away from home, or does he want to play in his hometown? Is it important to the player to say he played d1? How important to the player is it to be a contender? Who is the coach at the other school or schools vs at VSU at the time and what kind of impression do they make on the player? What advice are they receiving from their parents and high school coaches?

                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                    I think it is dependent on the player and a few other variables i.e. does the player want to get away from home, or does he want to play in his hometown? Is it important to the player to say he played d1? How important to the player is it to be a contender?
                    If it's important to be a contender this ain't a bad place to go.
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 09-23-2019, 09:27 PM. Reason: Previous post not user friendly

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                      I’m curious on something. Do y’all think 3 star football players coming out of either of the 2 high schools there in your county are more inclined to go to schools like Akron or even Georgia State or Georgia Southern than VSU? Those schools will never ever ever play for a national championship and nowadays NFL scouts goes to where the great athletes are at regardless if it’s Athens or Livingston AL to scout, but I’m just curious about the thoughts of the Vsu fans on this board thinks since VSU won it all last year and a good chance they will win it all this year. Heck I think Rogan Wells for example could play any level he wanted too and be great. Thoughts?
                      You are right about the great athletes. It's about connections and relationships as well.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by VSU*BLAZER View Post

                        You are right about the great athletes. It's about connections and relationships as well.
                        This is true. Coach Goff , from day1, has reached out to HS coaches from around the the states that border Georgia and in the state. He is meeting and greeting and they are getting to know VSU. They have also reached out to former players who are coaching and making connections. We're getting former players to invest in the program and getting them excited about the legacy they began and set for the players today.
                        A lot of good things are going on!

                        #BlazerNation

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

                          If it's important to be a contender this ain't a bad place to go.
                          I would say as of this moment, it is the best place in the state for a football championship.
                          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

                            I would say as of this moment, it is the best place in the state for a football championship.
                            Yep - for the past 14 years we've won a NC on average every 3.5 years. That's not a bad fact to tell recruits that are looking to come play for 4 to 5 years.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

                              Yep - for the past 14 years we've won a NC on average every 3.5 years. That's not a bad fact to tell recruits that are looking to come play for 4 to 5 years.



                              Add in that the ups and downs in between have not been drastic, not a lot of bad seasons.
                              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

                              Comment


                              • .
                                Last edited by Wide_Right; 09-27-2019, 05:50 PM.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X