Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rowdy Crowdy View Post
    Just read Hal Mumme is the OC for Dallas in the XFL.
    Yea I kinda backed my way into that info. I was doing some research on all of the past VSU Head Coaches and saw that. As a matter of fact that's how I was introduced to the new XFL. BTW it seems Jim Goodman did well for himself, he went on to be interim GM of The Denver Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yea I kinda backed my way into that info. I was doing some research on all of the past VSU Head Coaches and saw that. As a matter of fact that's how I was introduced to the new XFL. BTW it seems Jim Goodman did well for himself, he went on to be interim GM of The Denver Broncos.
      Good little background story on Goodman. https://itgnext.com/legend-jim-goodman/

I was in a boat sales/repair shop near Apalachicola this past weekend and had a conversation with some of the employees in the parts department. Everyone was talking about various D1 games and I made the statement that I was a D2 guy. The guy waiting on me asked what team, and I proudly told him Valdosta State. He told me he and his best friend were on the very first team under Jim Goodman in 1982.

Was a neat guy and a neat conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Good little background story on Goodman. https://itgnext.com/legend-jim-goodman/

I was in a boat sales/repair shop near Apalachicola this past weekend and had a conversation with some of the employees in the parts department. Everyone was talking about various D1 games and I made the statement that I was a D2 guy. The guy waiting on me asked what team, and I proudly told him Valdosta State. He told me he and his best friend were on the very first team under Jim Goodman in 1982.

Interestingly, or not, I was wearing VSU swag at the Garth Brooks concert in Gainesville and the guy seated behind me played for (current or future SIAC member) Edward Waters back when we (yes, like I had ANYTHING to do with it) beat them pretty soundly for a couple of years. He and his buddy had had, shall we say, more than one adult beverage, and in his memory the games were REALLY REALLY close...

But he was fairly non-aggressive for a very large more-than-mildly intoxicated guy and he was seated directly behind me, so we talked VSU and D2 and small college football and how much better it was than D1 WHILE SITTING IN THE SWAMP.

Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Cool!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

Interestingly, or not, I was wearing VSU swag at the Garth Brooks concert in Gainesville and the guy seated behind me played for (current or future SIAC member) Edward Waters back when we (yes, like I had ANYTHING to do with it) beat them pretty soundly for a couple of years. He and his buddy had had, shall we say, more than one adult beverage, and in his memory the games were REALLY REALLY close...

But he was fairly non-aggressive for a very large more-than-mildly intoxicated guy and he was seated directly behind me, so we talked VSU and D2 and small college football and how much better it was than D1 WHILE SITTING IN THE SWAMP.

Good times.
            Another cool story!! Love it!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• You guys got another one:
              Renegades Donatello Brown CB Valdosta State
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                You guys got another one:
                Renegades Donatello Brown CB Valdosta State
                Yes!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Yes!!
                  One more phase of the draft left. The "Open Phase." All positions are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

One more phase of the draft left. The "Open Phase." All positions are available.
                    Crossing fingers for Cedric and Tyrell.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Crossing fingers for Cedric and Tyrell.
                      I saw a Tarleton St. guy earlier who was picked.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I saw a Tarleton St. guy earlier who was picked.
                        There are quite a few small school guys getting picked up. I saw Tusculum and a few other schools I can't think of right now.

Comment

• It's Homecoming, Blazer fans!!!

If you are coming in for the weekend, start your Thursday with the pep rally Thursday night at 7pm at the Complex.
                          Saturday, the parade is at 11am. The procession will leave the Oak St. Parking Deck and turn left on Oak and make the block around main campus coming back to the Oak St. parking lot.
                          Tailgating starts after the parade. Set up in the park or in the student area next to the UC.
                          BlazerWalk at 1:30ish
                          Game at 3pm. The HC court, King and Queen will be announced at half time.
                          Step Show is Saturday night.
                          Have a great weekend!
                          Goooo.... BLAZERS!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Saw where Donatello Brown is with XFL/Dallas Renegades

Comment

It's Homecoming, Blazer fans!!!

If you are coming in for the weekend, start your Thursday with the pep rally Thursday night at 7pm at the Complex.
                              Saturday, the parade is at 11am. The procession will leave the Oak St. Parking Deck and turn left on Oak and make the block around main campus coming back to the Oak St. parking lot.
                              Tailgating starts after the parade. Set up in the park or in the student area next to the UC.
                              BlazerWalk at 1:30ish
                              Game at 3pm. The HC court, King and Queen will be announced at half time.
                              Step Show is Saturday night.
                              Have a great weekend!
                              Goooo.... BLAZERS!!!

Parade moved to this afternoon at 4pm!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• VSU vs UGA.......Blazers vs Dawgs on the basketball court tonight in Athens.........

Go, Blazers!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X