Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game time changed to 7pm on Saturday!!

Parade at 4pm this afternoon

#BlazerNation

Comment

• #BlazerNation

Comment

• Shout out to VSU basketball on their first wins of the season over Fort Valley.
        WBB: 85-54
        MBB: 109-81

#BlazerNation

Comment

• It's Game Day, BlazerNation!!

Most Tailgating - starting at 4pm
          Blazerwalk -- 5:15pm
          Senior Recognition - 6:30pm
          Game time - 7pm

See you in the stands!!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• This is so neat.....enjoy!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Congrats to our Blazers!!! So many dedicated, hard-working players on the team!!

Gulf South Conference Post Season Awards!!!

Offensive Player of the Year - QB Rogan Wells, VSU
              Co-Coach of the Year -- Gary Goff, Valdosta State.

**1st Team All GSC from VSU
              Rogan Wells, QB
              Jamar Thompkins, RB
              Seth McGill, AP
              Brian Saunds, WR & RS
              Brandon Kemp, OT
              Adonis Sealey, OG
              Thomas Incoom, DL
              Stephon Williams, LB

*2nd Team All GSC from VSU
              Lio'undre Gallimore, AP
              Ralph Singleton, OT
              Dalton Mydell, LB
              Cory Roberts, DB
              Fernando Ramirez, K

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Shout out to our student cheer group, the Fire Pit. They are everywhere......leading the cheers at home and away!!!

BTW, students will get in free next week at the playoff game!!! Be there early students and get loud!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• although the season ended prematurely you guys do get some key players back on defense including All American safety Ravarius Rivers

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
                    although the season ended prematurely you guys do get some key players back on defense including All American safety Ravarius Rivers
                    Yes, indeedy!!! And perhaps a few other players that were sidelined because of grades at the end of last year that could not play this year. I like that coach is making that a priority. That degree gives you a better chance in life to be successful. Not everyone will end up in the NFL.

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Yes, indeedy!!! And perhaps a few other players that were sidelined because of grades at the end of last year that could not play this year. I like that coach is making that a priority. That degree gives you a better chance in life to be successful. Not everyone will end up in the NFL.
                      Exactly

Comment

• What do you guys think Ivory Durham will do

Comment

What do you guys think Ivory Durham will do
                          There's no way anyone in here would know that.

It is quite a quandary, because we all know he's a competitor and wants to be an every play guy. He also can provide a spark at times because he's so electric. He's a good piece of our team.

That said, you have a quarterback in Rogan Wells that, over 2 years, has accounted for 1400+ yards rushing, over 5700 yards passing and has caught 2 TD receptions. Rogan has accounted for 74 TD's in the past 2 years. You'd be insane to sit him on the bench. Most also know that Ivory can bring a spark, but he just doesn't manage the game quite like Rogan does.

And the bottom line: with Rogan starting over the past 2 years our record is 24-1. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that can do better. And you'd be foolish to put anyone in front of him (in fact it drove me sorta crazy this year when we'd get to the red zone and pull Rogan out (with a 74% completion percentage and an 8+ yard rushing average) and put in Ivory (with, at the time, a 53% completion rate)).

Ultimately the big question for Durham is does he want to go somewhere else and be "the guy" where he gets the glory or does he want to be a integral part of a high performing team that every year has the potential to win a championship. Only he can make that choice.

All that said, I did love the fact that he showed he's a team guy by filling in the void at receiver while Kenny Benjamin was out with a broken leg this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Bingo. We as a conference and a discussion board don't focus on this enough. Would really like to see more emphasis put on recognition of outstanding STUDENT-ATHLETES by the conference as nearly all of them will go on to do something else in life when their 4-5 years on the field/court/track/course are completed.

Comment

What do you guys think Ivory Durham will do
                              If I was him I would get the Hell out of Valdosta he never had a chance to be the man and he have the better arm and skills but with time he can grow in being a game manager but he should leave even though I don't want him to. If Bell was here I think he would of grown some more but it's obvious Goff sees him as an athlete instead of quarterback since he haven't played under center in multiple games. This definitely was a bad year for him under this new system and who can't throw 70% when most of your passes are 10 yard or less. Speaking of Goff what happened to the so called no huddle offense he was suppose to bring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
                                If I was him I would get the Hell out of Valdosta he never had a chance to be the man and he have the better arm and skills but with time he can grow in being a game manager but he should leave even though I don't want him to. If Bell was here I think he would of grown some more but it's obvious Goff sees him as an athlete instead of quarterback since he haven't played under center in multiple games. This definitely was a bad year for him under this new system and who can't throw 70% when most of your passes are 10 yard or less. Speaking of Goff what happened to the so called no huddle offense he was suppose to bring.
                                Why not take a redshirt year so that he has two years as the starting QB?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X