Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta State vs Valdosta (with preview / discussion)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta State vs Valdosta (with preview / discussion)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gostatesmen...Notes_VSU_.pdf

I hate that Delta State played like crap but you play that way you deserve to loose. Credit to the opponent! I know VSU is good but up until last Delta State has played pretty solid! I believe they are more that team than the one that stayed home last week! Loosing could help DSU refocus and shock the nation Saturday! At some point VSU and all teams have a bad game!DSU will be ready to Extinguish the Blazers!! Go Statesmen!!

Comment

Press Conference https://youtu.be/PkkMqbcssLs

Comment

Comment

Not sure what happened to Delta at UWF because they're a better football team than that score. I'm concerned about them this weekend.

Very strong up front on defense. Teams averaging <3 yards per carry rushing. Averaging giving up <100 yards a game rushing.

Defense is loaded with transfers. If they all play together they can be very good.

They do give up some passing yards so if we can give our QB's time maybe we can have some success on that front.

Wish I could get to Cleveland. Love playing in that stadium. It'll be loud. Just a great atmosphere.

Comment

DSU is the only currently active GSC team to have a winning record against VSU. VSU is on a four game winning streak in the series.

DSU played GVSU close ultimately losing in the end, and then GVSU turned around a lost a nail biter last week while DSU got stomped.

The only statistical area in which DSU has an edge is rushing defense. They are holding opponents to 95.2 yards per game, but they are giving up 221.8 yards per game through the air. So far, VSU has been able to run on every opponent. This may be the game in which VSU concentrates on the passing game.

I'm picking VSU, but I acknowledge the historical tendency of crazy stuff happening in this series.

Comment

Taking into consideration that Delta is playing at home, I still think VSU could cause problems for them in the run game. Passing coupled with the mobility of both of our quarterbacks will slow the defensive pursuit. Historically, anyone can win no matter the rankings. As always it will be another good game.

Comment

I'm planning some fried okra for lunch Saturday..........just sayin'

DD, is our bet still on??
                Last edited by BlazerLady; 10-10-2019, 08:53 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

VSU write up:
                  https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...nce-clash.aspx

Game Notes:
                  https://vstateblazers.com/documents/...tate_Notes.pdf

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                    DSU is the only currently active GSC team to have a winning record against VSU. VSU is on a four game winning streak in the series.

DSU played GVSU close ultimately losing in the end, and then GVSU turned around a lost a nail biter last week while DSU got stomped.

The only statistical area in which DSU has an edge is rushing defense. They are holding opponents to 95.2 yards per game, but they are giving up 221.8 yards per game through the air. So far, VSU has been able to run on every opponent. This may be the game in which VSU concentrates on the passing game.

I'm picking VSU, but I acknowledge the historical tendency of crazy stuff happening in this series.
                    If we play Ivory more under center he's capable of getting 100 yards rushing by scrambling

Comment

I love this game every year. Now that UNA has moved on, this is the rivalry in the GSC.
                      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

A little nervous and think we need to press down on the throttle a little more in this one on offense. Surely we will see a few new looks from both teams.

Comment

Games like this one are a true measure, DSU is a good team and will be highly motivated. Even though they got caught looking past their opponent last week, I expect we'll get their best. IMHO, anything short of a comfortable win would mean the Blazers are not quite ready for prime time (The Playoffs). A fumble, bad snap and inopportune penalty and we could be out of the game before we get off the bus and I don't expect that of this team, but weird things happen in this series. All I want is for us to give them a full effort with minimal mistakes, and if we loose I can live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                            Games like this one are a true measure, DSU is a good team and will be highly motivated. Even though they got caught looking past their opponent last week, I expect we'll get their best. IMHO, anything short of a comfortable win would mean the Blazers are not quite ready for prime time (The Playoffs). A fumble, bad snap and inopportune penalty and we could be out of the game before we get off the bus and I don't expect that of this team, but weird things happen in this series. All I want is for us to give them a full effort with minimal mistakes, and if we loose I can live with that.
                            Oh, no!!! If we lose, I have to wear green Sunday. I would much rather Delta Dawn have to wear red......... that's our bet.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                              Not sure what happened to Delta at UWF because they're a better football team than that score. I'm concerned about them this weekend.

Very strong up front on defense. Teams averaging <3 yards per carry rushing. Averaging giving up <100 yards a game rushing.

Defense is loaded with transfers. If they all play together they can be very good.

They do give up some passing yards so if we can give our QB's time maybe we can have some success on that front.

Wish I could get to Cleveland. Love playing in that stadium. It'll be loud. Just a great atmosphere.

They were looking forward to VSU. Coach should've said they will continue to prepare for the next opponent when we get back on the bus instead of saying when they get on the bus. VSU better be ready!

DSU has two week of preparation on us!

Go Blazers! Keep your focus!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X