Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSU Football Future

Comment

The starter we lost last year is the current starter now. In all honesty, Ruddick, the current starting QB and the one that went down last year is better than Shegog, our starter this season and most of last year before going down with injury this year. Will Shegog be better as he grows and plays more, who knows? I hope so. I'm in agreement with Statesmen Supporter. I like Cooley, I really do, but he is not wining.

I wrote this in the DSU VSU game thread:
      "There's no reason why Cooley is unsuccessful, it seems the talent is there. Coach Roberts did more in less seasons than Cooley has. The problem is, where do you turn? Who do you hire? I like Cooley a lot, I like what he stands for and what he's done for the program, but he's not winning.

Coach Ron Roberts: 5 Seasons (47-17) 4 GSC Titles, 4 playoff appearances, 1 National Championship appearance
      Coach Todd Cooley: 7 Season (40-30) 1 GSC Title, 2 playoff appearances"

I played under Roberts and because of that, I'm used to DSU always being a player in the GSC and nationally. Cooley, coaching 2 more seasons than Roberts at DSU is far les successful. My question is why? Why is he underperforming so much?
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

This will be the 66th time we play WA! DSU will be ready. Fear the Okra!

Comment

It is hard to hire coaches to come to Delta State because of the public schools and location. Cooley has come in and become a part of the community and raises money for the football program. There are times winning is not the whole deal.

Comment

Originally posted by delta dawn View Post
            It is hard to hire coaches to come to Delta State because of the public schools and location. Cooley has come in and become a part of the community and raises money for the football program. There are times winning is not the whole deal.

Comment

I have to side with DD on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by delta dawn View Post
                So true,
                If we could only return to the good ole days..... Unfortunately, these times demand winning.

Comment

Coaching is a performance based business. If you're not performing, find someone who will. Similar to what Cooley would do to his players. If they aren't performing, find a better player. I don't think Cooley says, "Hey he's a good kid, let's let him play, even though there might be better options.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                    Coaching is a performance based business. If you're not performing, find someone who will. Similar to what Cooley would do to his players. If they aren't performing, find a better player. I don't think Cooley says, "Hey he's a good kid, let's let him play, even though there might be better options.

Comment

Comment

Very valid point.

Comment

This is the 66th meeting between the Tigers and the Statesmen. DSU leads 35-27-3.

Comment

It is his job to do what he is doing and I am sure he wouldn't leave if offered more money from some other school, ha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X