Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazers2RedRaiders View Post
    Exciting game Saturday as I watched online. Sorry, I had to mute those announcers. No disrespect to ladies calling the game, but my ears couldn't take all the cringe.
    I don't know why they didn't hook it up with the radio guys. Some told me that they muted to video and listened to the radio.

#BlazerNation

Comment

[QUOTE=crashandannie;n440036]
      Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
      C&A,

Honestly not sure why I quoted that (it was in Rollodex's thread - I don't think I even read the context of the quote).

My only point is that Ivory is more likely to run it than throw it. And he's pretty predictable.

This past week FIT studied his tendencies and hemmed him up at times. I think that'll happen more.

I'm kinda old school, but if I were gonna throw to Ivory it'd be short (easy to catch) passes (bubble screens, etc). Goal would be simply to get him out in green (in the open field and let him do his thing in space).

Throwing downfield to him, when you have Gallimore, Saunds, Too Tall, White, McGill, Taylor, etc on the field seems a bit counter intuitive to me (but perhaps I'm an Irrational Observer).

Comment

[QUOTE=Fan_the_Flame;n440317]
        Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

C&A,

Honestly not sure why I quoted that (it was in Rollodex's thread - I don't think I even read the context of the quote).

My only point is that Ivory is more likely to run it than throw it. And he's pretty predictable.

This past week FIT studied his tendencies and hemmed him up at times. I think that'll happen more.

I'm kinda old school, but if I were gonna throw to Ivory it'd be short (easy to catch) passes (bubble screens, etc). Goal would be simply to get him out in green (in the open field and let him do his thing in space).

Throwing downfield to him, when you have Gallimore, Saunds, Too Tall, White, McGill, Taylor, etc on the field seems a bit counter intuitive to me (but perhaps I'm an Irrational Observer).
        T
        He definitely not going through his reads and in all honesty I think this offense don't match his skills set. He was definitely deadly throwing and running on last year. He tossed several touchdowns and not sure if he have over 2 touchdown tosses this year. He just don't look comfortable under center this year and that should of been the case last year as a true freshman

Comment

I like the fact that Coach is using Ivory, as one of the leaders of the team, the effort I'm sure, is appreciated by his teammates. I agree that it hasn't been working as well as it used to, but even as a work in progress, the fact that opponents have to game plan a bit for Ivory means that Rogan's astronomical QBR will only increase.

Comment

Two thoughts:

1.) We only see one side of the picture. We don't know how HJ practices. Is he doing the things coach wants to see? We don't know what kind of packages they are installing for HJ and if he is running them correctly or doing his own thing. So, I think it is hard to make a judgement without knowing what is going on behind the scenes.

2.)We need Rogan to continue to develop. I thought Saturday's game was one of Rogan's best games. He had more of rhythm in his passing and decision - making. You can't get into a rhythm if your are switching QB's every other play. That philosophy has never worked. I like bringing SJ in for series or two or maybe for a full quarter, and let him get into a rhythm with what he can do and then occasionally have some packages for both QB's on the field
            Bottom line - we need Rogan on the top of his game these last 3 games and going into the playoffs - and of course the rest of team as well.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
              Two thoughts:

1.) We only see one side of the picture. We don't know how HJ practices. Is he doing the things coach wants to see? We don't know what kind of packages they are installing for HJ and if he is running them correctly or doing his own thing. So, I think it is hard to make a judgement without knowing what is going on behind the scenes.

2.)We need Rogan to continue to develop. I thought Saturday's game was one of Rogan's best games. He had more of rhythm in his passing and decision - making. You can't get into a rhythm if your are switching QB's every other play. That philosophy has never worked. I like bringing SJ in for series or two or maybe for a full quarter, and let him get into a rhythm with what he can do and then occasionally have some packages for both QB's on the field
              Bottom line - we need Rogan on the top of his game these last 3 games and going into the playoffs - and of course the rest of team as well.
              So true I'm no fan of musical chairs with the quarterback position

Comment

Comment

Much agree.

I thought Rogan was the best and most effective quarterback in D2 last year and should have won the HH.

My mind hasn't changed.

Still, I have a feeling the team thing's a lot more important to him than the individual accolades.

Comment

I agree. If my comments lead you to believe that I thought otherwise, I apologize. He is a vital part of the team's success, and I did comment on what a great game he had Saturday.

I was just thinking more along the lines of the nuances of game situations, not anyone's abilities.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X