Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

Hired? I thought they were still on the payroll.........

In all seriousness though, even as a Tiger fan you have to admit that there were some really blatant calls in that 2017 game. Some against each side but two that really stand out which impacted the result. Never want to see a game be decided by the guys (or ladies) in stripes.

I have no expectation that the Wolves will win this weekend, but I would love to see a well executed game by both sides and one that is called fairly.
    The referees in the GSC, D2, and any other level have a tough job and I truly believe they do the very best that they can. Are there missed calls and bad calls in every game against both sides? Sure there is, especially at the D2 level. There isn't anything that can be done about it though, except gripe I suppose. I have pulled my own nails out with pliers before(or at least it felt that way), when these bad calls or no calls occur, so it is tough as a fan to watch. Imagine the Head Coach that Monday watching it on film or perhaps it happened right in front of him. There is no instant replay though and probably never will be at the D2 level. I know a lot of D1 only fans that hate instant replay. You know what that tells me? It tells me you can't make hardly anyone happy nowadays. Also, these refs are not salaried employees to my knowledge. They get a tiny stipend. Does it suck when it happens and you feel it affects your team in a negative way? Heck yes it does, but my advice to those that have issues with it, either come up with some better suggestions and send them to the GSC and NCAA headquarters, or sign up on the dotted line and become a referee yourself if you think you can do it better. I mean you can continue griping I suppose, but it gets old. It's also disrespectful to the team that did win(Getnasty taught me that, thanks bud). If that same game ended up in West Georgia winning, I highly doubt you would be bringing this up, much less remembering it. I imagine you would be remembering "Man, did we get lucky or what and boy, does it stink to be a West Alabama fan after that game." Of course I'm probably way off course and so I'm sure your heart would be heavy for any team in the GSC if it happened to them to the point of posting about it 2 years later.

Not trying to be a you know what towards you, but that's just my two cents worth. What the heck do I know. Another wise man told me this as well, if you score 50 plus and hold the other team to 0, then the refs can't take it from you, at least I don't think they can, lol. The NCAA might can take it away from you for specific reasons, but the refs should not be able to.

Comment

UWF by 17
      UWG by 10
      VSU by 45
      MC by 31

Comment

UWF by 21
        UWA by 7 Only because I have to pick one of them
        VSU by 38
        MC by 28

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Lindsey View Post

The referees in the GSC, D2, and any other level have a tough job and I truly believe they do the very best that they can. Are there missed calls and bad calls in every game against both sides? Sure there is, especially at the D2 level. There isn't anything that can be done about it though, except gripe I suppose. I have pulled my own nails out with pliers before(or at least it felt that way), when these bad calls or no calls occur, so it is tough as a fan to watch. Imagine the Head Coach that Monday watching it on film or perhaps it happened right in front of him. There is no instant replay though and probably never will be at the D2 level. I know a lot of D1 only fans that hate instant replay. You know what that tells me? It tells me you can't make hardly anyone happy nowadays. Also, these refs are not salaried employees to my knowledge. They get a tiny stipend. Does it suck when it happens and you feel it affects your team in a negative way? Heck yes it does, but my advice to those that have issues with it, either come up with some better suggestions and send them to the GSC and NCAA headquarters, or sign up on the dotted line and become a referee yourself if you think you can do it better. I mean you can continue griping I suppose, but it gets old. It's also disrespectful to the team that did win(Getnasty taught me that, thanks bud). If that same game ended up in West Georgia winning, I highly doubt you would be bringing this up, much less remembering it. I imagine you would be remembering "Man, did we get lucky or what and boy, does it stink to be a West Alabama fan after that game." Of course I'm probably way off course and so I'm sure your heart would be heavy for any team in the GSC if it happened to them to the point of posting about it 2 years later.

Not trying to be a you know what towards you, but that's just my two cents worth. What the heck do I know. Another wise man told me this as well, if you score 50 plus and hold the other team to 0, then the refs can't take it from you, at least I don't think they can, lol. The NCAA might can take it away from you for specific reasons, but the refs should not be able to.
          I would rather see a team I support lose honestly than win on a bad call. There is nothing honorable about a hollow victory and it only reinforces the wrong type of behavior. I am not one to yell at referees or blame losses on the zebras, but the game I mentioned really stands out to me as the most poorly officiated game I have ever attended. Clearly a biased crew. The young men on any team who work hard to prepare for a game and leave it all out on the field deserve better than that.

Comment

UWF by 14
            UWA by 9
            VSU by 35
            MC by 28

Comment

UWF by 12
              UWA by 22
              VSU by 32
              MC by 22

#BlazerNation

Comment

Don't forget to post your picks by 7pm tonight!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

UWF by 12
                  UWA by 9
                  VSU by 31
                  MC by 24

Comment

UWF by 17
                    UWA by 10
                    VSU by 42
                    MC by 21

Comment

Posts are in the books!! Thanks, all!

Everyone have great games tomorrow and no injuries!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X