Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterwolf View Post

Why leave a program for no reason, Where championships are reality (3) and make lateral move and start all over again. Ain't happening!
      Again, I didn't say it was true, but there were UWG people on this forum claiming it.

Comment

Dean would not have been considered last year because our AD already knew that Dean would take a marginal D1 offer over us, and besides he had a gem and alum waiting in the wings.

As a new head coach Dean would have done less delegating because he would not have been used to it. As he grew into the role he would have began relying more on his coaches. He is probably now your typical head coach, so reliant on position coaches and coordinators that success should only measured by looking at his whole staff. I don't know, does Dean have the team of coaches needed to build a championship team?

Comment

There are some good things that are going on with the team and with what Coach Goff and his staff are doing.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by [B
            Rational Observer[/B]

Has Dean lost his ability to recruit, or is it just harder to recruit to UWG?

Something is not right with the Wolves. No one can say for sure if it's recruiting or not. They don't seem to have any game changer players on either side of the ball.
            How does a team that makes the playoffs in 2018, go to a 4-3 team ..2-2 in Conference??!
            And they tough some though teams ahead. The might well have a losing season, when all is said and done.

I have watched them play (streaming) and can say, I don't see much enthusiasm or leadership on the field. And that includes the coaches. Maybe I'm wrong, but watching them play Florida Tech and Albany , they just had no spirit. It was like paint-by-numbers.

I wish Dean the best. He's a good guy and he wants to win no less that when he left VSU. We shall see.
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Something is not right with the Wolves. No one can say for sure if it's recruiting or not. They don't seem to have any game changer players on either side of the ball.
              How does a team that makes the playoffs in 2018, go to a 4-3 team ..2-2 in Conference??!
              And they tough some though teams ahead. The might well have a losing season, when all is said and done.

I have watched them play (streaming) and can say, I don't see much enthusiasm or leadership on the field. And that includes the coaches. Maybe I'm wrong, but watching them play Florida Tech and Albany , they just had no spirit. It was like paint-by-numbers.

I wish Dean the best. He's a good guy and he wants to win no less that when he left VSU. We shall see.
              DSU did that last year. Playoff team in 2017, and 2 wins in 2018.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

DSU did that last year. Playoff team in 2017, and 2 wins in 2018.
                The margin for error is so slim and there are so many little things that can derail a team. The coaches mix in the same basic ingredients each year (positional skills, tenacity, endurance, unity and the like) and I'd bet most of it is absorbed by the players, but the elusive championship heart is not something that can be put on paper, it is forged on the field and in the locker room. UWG is probably a victim of their own expectations. It's not uncommon for teams with high aspirations that encounter defeat early to fold, that's why we see so many upsets in bowl games. Coach Dean will use this year to convince his players that they need to work even harder in the off season.

Comment

Last edited by BrentsNeighbor; 10-23-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

People keep mentioning no counter offer for Dean by VSU when he left for Southern. Yes that is correct and ironically VSU paid Bell the same thing Dean was paid at Southern. Chew on that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X