Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
      Rogan Wells winning touchdown!

Just ran back through that video.

What phenomenal blocking by our OL on that play.

Also, McGill had a huge block.

Same downfield.
      Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-26-2019, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Comment

Miracles do happen.......congrats VSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Was last year as well.

BTW, Ivory had one tote for one yard (I think that was a jet sweep). No throws.
            No doubt he was a beast in Bell system

Comment

He's definitely the starter, it's obvious both are still adjusting to this new offense and Ivory definitely not comfortable in it but he hardly if gets to throw a pass and more dangerous as a runner when the play breaks down in this offense, both passing stats are down compared to last year but this a time possession nickle & dime offense which we not accustomed to

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Lindsey View Post

Did you just write that Rogan is flat like he has been all season long, except for last week? I just want to make sure my eyes aren't playing tricks on me.
                Well i mean flat as an a season ago but it's the new offense I know he's a great quarterback just not use to him averaging 200 plus yards a game I admit last year quick explosive offense spoiled me and he should of won the Harlon Hill. Hes not putting up them numbers this year and it's not his fault

Comment

VSU game write up.
                  https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...al-minute.aspx

NGU write up:
                  http://www.nguathletics.com/football...aldosta-state/

Hats off to NGU. They played lights out! VSU had not been held scoreless in the first half since 2017. What a tremendous effort.

But, so proud of our Blazers. We know teams will give us their "A" game, but the Blazers did not give up. They kept fighting and playing like champions!
                  Last night, as Juston Lewis wrote in the VDT, we saw the heart of a champion!!

The Heart of a Champion by Juston Lewis.
                  https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/s...2eada1b76.html
                  Last edited by BlazerLady; 10-27-2019, 08:22 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                    WOW! Great effort by Wells. Very poor tackling by NGU. I love the GSC! Any Given Saturday! Who would have thought this game was going to be this close?
                    I ended up watching 3/4 of the game because it was so good.

Comment

I have seen this team in a video, hollering and jumping around coming out of the gate at Delta State without any hype or a large crowd to cheer them on. Yet, there was sheer joy on their faces. Last night I saw a team with grit and determination who refused to give up when they were down.

This team is not last year's team. This team has its own identity.......a team that loves to play, a team that is resilient, a team that is gaining a deeper knowledge and understanding of the game. I think the coaching staff has a lot to do with that.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                        I have seen this team in a video, hollering and jumping around coming out of the gate at Delta State without any hype or a large crowd to cheer them on. Yet, there was sheer joy on their faces. Last night I saw a team with grit and determination who refused to give up when they were down.

This team is not last year's team. This team has its own identity.......a team that loves to play, a team that is resilient, a team that is gaining a deeper knowledge and understanding of the game. I think the coaching staff has a lot to do with that.
                        BL I appreciate the the fact that you always point out each year's team is different, they have their own personality as a group.

We've been spoiled by Dean's teams that tended to got stronger as the season went on (barring injuries) and Bells teams that got better year after year till they became dominant. Goff's first team is going to be a reflection of him. It appears that Goff is no Bell, he doesn't measure his teams success by the amount of points scored; our performances of late haven't been Dean like either, in that we seem to have stalled in terms of getting better.

Could it be that teams now have enough tape on us to game plan effectively? If that is the case then the bi-week has come at the perfect time. We need to scout ourselves and remove any tendencies that we've developed.

I'm not going to get down on Coach because he has some awfully large shoes to fill and in the only stat that matters he is perfect. It appears that Coach Goff is a blend of Dean & Bell, so we won't average 50 points per game, we run the ball more and depend more on our defense. Right now we're not good enough to beat the best teams in the country (maybe not even in the GSC) but let's allow Coach Goff to do has job and with two weeks to get ready for the Argos, our next game should tell us a lot about our Coach & our team. I for one would not bet against either.

Comment

Rolodex, was it ok with you that Rogan was in the game on that TD run to win the game?
                          Yes I know he got some wheels on him but the back up can do the same. Just thought we needed a change under center to get an offensive spark many coaches does this

Comment

Was last year as well.

BTW, Ivory had one tote for one yard (I think that was a jet sweep). No throws.
                            Thought he should of played more than 1 snap especially with the offense playing so flat. Any given play he can get big yardage or take it to the house. To darn talented to just get in one play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post

Yes I know he got some wheels on him but the back up can do the same. Just thought we needed a change under center to get an offensive spark many coaches does this
                              You're probably right, with the D playing as well as they were in the first half, I can see where giving Ivory a series could have helped both QB's, It would have given Ivory a confidence boost and Rogan a chance to settle down.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

BL I appreciate the the fact that you always point out each year's team is different, they have their own personality as a group.

We've been spoiled by Dean's teams that tended to got stronger as the season went on (barring injuries) and Bells teams that got better year after year till they became dominant. Goff's first team is going to be a reflection of him. It appears that Goff is no Bell, he doesn't measure his teams success by the amount of points scored; our performances of late haven't been Dean like either, in that we seem to have stalled in terms of getting better.

Could it be that teams now have enough tape on us to game plan effectively? If that is the case then the bi-week has come at the perfect time. We need to scout ourselves and remove any tendencies that we've developed.

I'm not going to get down on Coach because he has some awfully large shoes to fill and in the only stat that matters he is perfect. It appears that Coach Goff is a blend of Dean & Bell, so we won't average 50 points per game, we run the ball more and depend more on our defense. Right now we're not good enough to beat the best teams in the country (maybe not even in the GSC) but let's allow Coach Goff to do has job and with two weeks to get ready for the Argos, our next game should tell us a lot about our Coach & our team. I for one would not bet against either.
                                You're spot on boyblue the Delta State & Greenville game showed us we not ready to beat the best teams in D2 and I for one not happy with Goff gameplan and my confidence in him is 50/50 and it's not going to be a happy fan base if we don't atleast make it to the semifinals or get embarrass against West Florida. Too much talent and speed to not continually be an explosive offense. This time last year I knew we was unstoppable and probably going to win it all but I can't say that this year and we have the same team minus a few good offensive linemen
                                Last edited by Rollodex; 10-27-2019, 10:10 AM. Reason: Mi

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X