Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing is the offensive line has been holding up pretty well, it's that defensive front that we had early on this season, that is still good but no longer dominant. Have we had injuries, what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
      Time to put Wells on the sideline 2 picks so far
      If you ever have children - god help them.
      You'd pull them in the 2nd quarter. ;)

Last edited by Wide_Right; 10-27-2019, 04:00 PM.
      <>

Comment

Wells on the sideline? Really? Have you even watched Blazer football the last two seasons? Goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
          Wells on the sideline? Really? Have you even watched Blazer football the last two seasons? Goodness.
          The third quarter would not have been the time, but I do believe a series early in the 2nd quarter would have been good. With the Bi-week I'd love to see something like that implemented - Ivory for one series only, at some point in each game. It could possibly lead to a QB controversy but if it is explained that it's one series only, no matter the result, I don't think there would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

The third quarter would not have been the time, but I do believe a series early in the 2nd quarter would have been good. With the Bi-week I'd love to see something like that implemented - Ivory for one series only, at some point in each game. It could possibly lead to a QB controversy but if it is explained that it's one series only, no matter the result, I don't think there would be a problem.
            There's not going to be a quarterback controversy at VSU as long as Rogan Wells is here and healthy. You can count on it.

There's also a freshman QB in the wings that physically is built along the same lines as Rogan (maybe a little stronger arm). He spins the ball very nicely and appears to manage the game extremely well (at least in practice/scrimmages).

I'd picture Durham continuing to be a role player (albeit an extremely exciting role player) in the near future.

In 2012 we had a guy transfer in named Reginald Lewis who had been a quarterback at North Greenville. Fast as lightning. Great team guy. Very hard worker. All around good guy who quickly became a big part of the team.

Our quarterback was Cayden Cochran. Never any question.

So Reginald (whose nick name was "Nice"), came in as a receiver instead of a QB. Goal was to get him in open space and let him do his thing. We did, and he did, and it worked very well.

Occasionally would line him up in the Wildcat and him run the ball. Occasional jet sweeps. From time to time he would throw it. But mostly it was about him at receiver and using his exceptional feet and speed to get him into space so he could use the gift for the team. He had 58 catches in 2012 (second on the team behind AA Gerald Ford). He made one of the great plays I've seen over the years up in Mankato during the playoffs. Pure tenacity.

Lewis was 100% a team guy. He wasn't a "look at me" kinda guy. He was available to be used for whatever helped the team win (sadly he passed away last year).

I'd like to see us use Ivory in a similar way as we used Reginald Lewis. HJ would be an every play guy at receiver. We'd win by having him on the field more. He'd win by being a more integral part of the team. And our team would continue winning.
            Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-28-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X