X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, great win Wolves

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterwolf View Post
      UWG Looks like a totally different team today, They played all 4 quarters of football. The backup QB is playing very well.

Comment

Comment

I don't know, and for years I have read things about UWA's visitor locker rooms and have always wondered, is it really that bad or is this just recruiting banter for the fans of these teams. As a UWA alum, it bothers me to the point that I have decided, as a D2 Football GSC Contributor to make trips to all the GSC schools during the off season and write a 'Best of the GSC' and focus on facilities(weight rooms, locker rooms for both sides, stadiums), marching bands at each school, press boxes, and then come up with a ranking system to rank each of these schools based on these categories. I might do student section during games and write it up after the season, or after next season. Any other ideas you all may have, please let me know.

Sorry to venture off in another direction Wild Wolf. Again, I do not have the answer unfortunately. I will try to find out though, but probably won't know until I go up there and see for myself. Have you seen the UWA Visiting team Locker Room with you own eyes and actually seen only 4 chairs and 1 toilet area?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Lindsey View Post

I don't know, and for years I have read things about UWA's visitor locker rooms and have always wondered, is it really that bad or is this just recruiting banter for the fans of these teams. As a UWA alum, it bothers me to the point that I have decided, as a D2 Football GSC Contributor to make trips to all the GSC schools during the off season and write a 'Best of the GSC' and focus on facilities(weight rooms, locker rooms for both sides, stadiums), marching bands at each school, press boxes, and then come up with a ranking system to rank each of these schools based on these categories. I might do student section during games and write it up after the season, or after next season. Any other ideas you all may have, please let me know.

Sorry to venture off in another direction Wild Wolf. Again, I do not have the answer unfortunately. I will try to find out though, but probably won't know until I go up there and see for myself. Have you seen the UWA Visiting team Locker Room with you own eyes and actually seen only 4 chairs and 1 toilet area?here
            There has to be a few former GSC players on here, anyone want to confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

There has to be a few former GSC players on here, anyone want to confirm or deny?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Lindsey View Post

Sorry to venture off in another direction Wild Wolf. Again, I do not have the answer unfortunately. I will try to find out though, but probably won't know until I go up there and see for myself. Have you seen the UWA Visiting team Locker Room with you own eyes and actually seen only 4 chairs and 1 toilet area?
                I can confirm that it is still the same volleyball locker room. Not because I was in it, but was speaking with some of the players after the game and they mentioned that it hadn't changed.

Jay--Love your idea about the tour and the story about the GSC schools. I suggest to add "game day experience" and "fan friendliness" as categories.

Here is a question for the UWA folks out there: UWA has a nice and successful program, but the stadium and game day experience just don't fit with the success of the program.
                Are there any plans to improve the stadium, restrooms, parking situation, etc?

Comment

I've been in the UWA locker rooms. It ain't much, but it ain't the worst in the conference. Players usually sit around the halls outside outside the locker room.

The worst situation re: locker rooms (but not GSC) is Newberry when they put teams in their old gym. No fans to circulate air. No AC. Inferior facilities.

I honestly think it's gamemanship on their part because it's my understanding they have a true visitors locker room (not putting their best foot forward).

North Alabama's (after they moved teams from the locker room by theirs to the other end of the field) were about as bad as any I've seen as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

I can confirm that it is still the same volleyball locker room. Not because I was in it, but was speaking with some of the players after the game and they mentioned that it hadn't changed.

Jay--Love your idea about the tour and the story about the GSC schools. I suggest to add "game day experience" and "fan friendliness" as categories.

Here is a question for the UWA folks out there: UWA has a nice and successful program, but the stadium and game day experience just don't fit with the success of the program.
                    Are there any plans to improve the stadium, restrooms, parking situation, etc?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Wolf View Post
                          IWest Florida, Valdosta, and Shorter were the top 3 visiting locker rooms. I have never been in the UWG ones. My only complaint about Valdosta is that he players box is about 3 ft wide. There is very very little room to move around.
                          I've been in every visitor's locker room in the conference (including the old Arkansas schools) with the exception of the newbies (UWF and UNG). Quite a few others as well.

Interestingly, I've never been in the Valdosta visitor's lockers (but the home locker room is better than most others I've seen around the conference).

Of the GSC locker rooms I've been in Shorter's is probably the best. Very open. Close to the playing field. On the same level with the field. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I've been in every visitor's locker room in the conference (including the old Arkansas schools) with the exception of the newbies (UWF and UNG). Quite a few others as well.

Interestingly, I've never been in the Valdosta visitor's lockers (but the home locker room is better than most others I've seen around the conference).

Of the GSC locker rooms I've been in Shorter's is probably the best. Very open. Close to the playing field. On the same level with the field. etc.

Comment

West Georgia is a climb.

I don't think the trek up the hill bothers the players. They're young and in shape.

It's old codgers like me that huff and puff.

Speaking of huffing and puffing, the hike's so long from the lockers to the field at Saginaw Valley State that you earn a hiking merit badge from the Boy Scouts for making it to the field and back.
                              Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 10-30-2019, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Facility doesn't really look like it was intended to be locker room's.

Looks like was more of an administrative building that was forced into being locker's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X