Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
    This is one of the best thread titles I have ever seen....
    LOL, Yea I kinda felt like really, we're complaining?

Comment

Comment

I concur

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

You see, Wide_Right spouting untruths, YET AGAIN! Helmet use started the year after I graduated.!
          Ah, now I understand why your friends call you 'Lumpy."
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
            Just a interesting comparison:

Last year our offense averaged 524 yards per game (this year 523).
            Last year our defense averaged giving up 343 total YPG (this year 290).
            Last year we averaged rushing for 263 ypg (this year 275). Our opponent averaged rushing for 135 ypg (this year 140.5).
            Last year we averaged throwing for 261 ypg (this year 248). Last year our opponents threw for 209 ypg (this year 150).
            Last year we averaged +.78 on turnovers per game (this year averaging zero per game.
            Last year we averaged 3.29 sacks per game against our opponents (this year it's 2.0 sacks per game).
            Last year our opponents sacked us an average of 1.36 per game (this year they average 1.0 sacks per game against us).

These two teams have very similar statistics. There's a difference in KB's style and Gary Goff's. Bell's going to score until he can't score any more. I've seen Goff have the good judgement to call off the dogs late (particularly thinking of Ohio Dominican and maybe a couple of others).

Only other thing I see is we're not taking the ball away quite like we did last year. Also not getting quite as much pressure on the opposing QB's (sacks) as last year. FWIW, earlier in the year I calculated that we had 130 points on turnovers through 13 games in 2018. That's 10 points a game. Not sure what that number is this year, but I'd imagine we're way behind that. So if we averaged 52 pp. last year and 10 points were from T/O, did our offense really score 42 a game last year? And remind me what we're scoring this year (41)

Taking the thought a step further, our opponents last year averaged scoring 22.6 points a game against us. This year it's 16.38 (so we're essentially allowing a touchdown less per game on defense).

I have no clue what problems rich people have, but at Blazer Central we're in good shape, as this year's team is performing very similarly to last years team.

Can we make it through the gauntlet undefeated? I don't know. It takes more than talent to do that and there are a lot of good teams out there.

Excuse me for vomiting up a bunch of stats at you fine folks, but as boy blue has pointed out, we've got a pretty good football team. We have a lot of talent, We're pretty well seasoned. And we know what's involved to get there.

In spite of our worst outing of the year (or two) we still found a way to win yesterday when it was all on the line. That's pretty impressive.

Great post! As I said in another thread, I don't get the negativity. Characteristics of teams change year to year and especially with a new system. At the end of the day there is still a big fat zero in the loss column to this point. We have guys that have been there before and are great leaders, they are talented and they play hard, I'm excited about the rest of the season and a playoff run. Will it end with us hoisting the hardware? Only time will tell, championships are incredibly hard to win and even harder to repeat. I'm gonna do the same thing I do every week, kick back, crack a beer and either listen to the radio broadcast or watch an online broadcast and enjoy this era of VSU football. After the game, I'll come on here and argue about our team some more.

GO BLAZERS!
            Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

Great post! As I said in another thread, I don't get the negativity. Characteristics of teams change year to year and especially with a new system. At the end of the day there is still a big fat zero in the loss column to this point. We have guys that have been there before and are great leaders, they are talented and they play hard, I'm excited about the rest of the season and a playoff run. Will it end with us hoisting the hardware? Only time will tell, championships are incredibly hard to win and even harder to repeat. I'm gonna do the same thing I do every week, kick back, crack a beer and either listen to the radio broadcast or watch an online broadcast and enjoy this era of VSU football. After the game, I'll come on here and argue about our team some more.

GO BLAZERS!
              I'm with you.

Can we all at least agree that our guys play hard every game. It seems we've been cured of "not getting off the bus-itis" We started using that description "not getting off the bus" for uninspired play that would come out of the blue; sometimes we'd pull out the W and sometimes we'd lose. Over the last couple years, we've been in a few tough games, we've even played poorly for a stretch, but I haven't seen one of those halves where it looked like we were not trying. Hasn't that been the biggest difference from years past?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I'm with you.

Can we all at least agree that our guys play hard every game. It seems we've been cured of "not getting off the bus-itis" We started using that description "not getting off the bus" for uninspired play that would come out of the blue; sometimes we'd pull out the W and sometimes we'd lose. Over the last couple years, we've been in a few tough games, we've even played poorly for a stretch, but I haven't seen one of those halves where it looked like we were not trying. Hasn't that been the biggest difference from years past?
                For the record, we didn't create that term. That term was created by UWG fans, one year when they were going to win it all and we spanked them....not that anyone is concerned with the record, but I can't let a good opportunity to take a shot at them pass.

Comment

For the record, we didn't create that term. That term was created by UWG fans, one year when they were going to win it all and we spanked them....not that anyone is concerned with the record, but I can't let a good opportunity to take a shot at them pass.
                  When I said we, i meant a universal we, as in this forum however it's good to know to whom the specific credit belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                    Just a interesting comparison:

Last year our offense averaged 524 yards per game (this year 523)..

Well , there's the problem right there. I knew we were off this year.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

When I said we, i meant a universal we, as in this forum however it's good to know to whom the specific credit belongs.
                      I didn't mean to be pedantic, but I can not let a chance to take a shot a little brother pass. :smile-big:I believe it was actually Bobby Banjo who started it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Well , there's the problem right there. I knew we were off this year.
                        It's always that last yard!

Comment

It's always that last yard!
                          Another Zinger! You guys must have had a good day :)

Comment

Interesting......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X