Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My group tailgates on the east side of the stadium on the median that intersects Jane and Williams streets, directly across from the entrance gates and the Am. Legion. Please stop by if you can. Look for the white tents and flags and the inflatable NC rings.. :)

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

No problem. Now you can pull them up on your phone.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Looked at stats today. I think we run the ball a a lot and then run it some more with Rogan only throwing about 24 attempts. that is how we hand them their hat.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze83 View Post
            Looked at stats today. I think we run the ball a a lot and then run it some more with Rogan only throwing about 24 attempts. that is how we hand them their hat.
            That's kinda how it worked last year (we had 391 rushing yards in 2018 against UWF - averaged 8.3 yards per carry on 47 carries). If I were the coach I'd be trying to run the ball to keep Reed and those receivers off the field. Stout defensive line will be a factor in that. We need to protect the ball (each team had 4 turnovers in the 2018 game).

UWF, who returns 3 out of 5 starters from last years game on the o-line, has a lot of new faces. We managed to hold UWF's offense to less than 300 yards (279 last year). That'd be a tall task this year. UWF averages 397 yards per game of total offense.

I believe there's only 1 starter from their defense that we played in 2018 (Wilson). The defense is stout.

It looks like Shinnick's been recruiting some transfer talent on the defensive side.

UWF's young quarterback, 2 of 3 starters at receiver and the starting RB didn't start in our game last year. We'll have to find a way to manage #88. UWF has some large receivers.I hope we can get some pressure on Reed (we had 3 sacks against UWF last year).

We've got most of the same faces on offense as last year. Little bit different scheme with a new coaching staff. Quite a few new faces on defense (though most got quite a bit of playing time last season).

At this stage of the year everyone's pretty well seasoned. Two very good football teams. Both got challenged by a scrappy UNG team in their last game and had the horsepower to get through it. Don't know what factor injuries could play in the deal. Which team will make the fewest mistakes? Penalties? Which coaching staff will make the better adjustments in-game?

Two really good football teams. Will be fun to watch them duke it out Saturday night. College football at it's best.

Go Blazers!!!
            Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-07-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

North Greenville forced a punt or turnover on 8 of Blazers 12 possessions and Argos will need to have that kind of defensive game to have a chance. I see why both sides are preaching ball control as key to game.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                North Greenville forced a punt or turnover on 8 of Blazers 12 possessions and Argos will need to have that kind of defensive game to have a chance. I see why both sides are preaching ball control as key to game.
                Yep - neither team played well against UNG.

In the first half of UWF's Greenville game the Argos had 7 of their 11 total possessions.

Of the 7 first half posseessions the Argos had 3 turnovers, 2 punts, a missed field goal and a made field goal.

UWF had 2 long drives in the third quarter. The other possession was a punt and the final possession to run out the clock.

If either teams plays this Saturday like they played against UNG they'll lose.

Comment

No doubt Argo D saved game from three stooges play of offense and special teams and Argos will need complete game from all three teams to have a chance. D roster is kind of a moving target with transfers, guys moving up depth chart, starters from last year and guys coming back from injury and sitting out for grades. Top starting four year linebacker Duncombe is back from injury and his freshman sub Laurent played so well you will probably see both play in game. Duncombe more of speed guy and Laurent a bruiser according to players. GSC D freshman of year Archie is back after sitting out last year to work on grades and he is playing well too. Transfers have increased size of D line rotation and that is probably biggest area of improvement of overall D from last year.

Comment

Interesting factual background was reported in today's Pensacola newspaper about the game. In 2013 Coach Shinnick took his UNC-Pembroke team to Valdosta, jumped out to an early lead in the first half and won in a passing contest 34-29 with a playoff berth on the line. The Blazer quarterback was Kaleb Nobles, who later transferred to West Florida and became their first quarterback in 2016 and started the only game played at Valdosta until this week's game. He stuck around after the 2016 season and has been coaching the Argo quarterbacks since that time. So the Argo players may not have won at Valdosta, but Coach Shinnick has won with playoff berth on the line and in a close game and score almost identical to my prediction of 31-28.

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 11-08-2019, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Here it is........the perfect weather for tailgating Saturday afternoon and the perfect weather for football. It is going to be rockin' in the "Baze" Saturday night!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                          Here it is........the perfect weather for tailgating Saturday afternoon and the perfect weather for football. It is going to be rockin' in the "Baze" Saturday night!!!

Still warm enough for the mosquitos and other flying bugs to enjoy the game also. This is an interesting matchup- it might go down in history as the secondary violation game.

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-09-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Comment

Tough game to decide. Part of me wants UWF to win because that makes our win over them look better. But at the same time, if VSU wins, CN should pass UWF in the regional rankings. Going to be a great game regardless!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X