Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

My thoughts exactly, I was about to start a "Valdosta, we have a problem" thread but then thought about it and realized this game is a result of two good teams playing a football game. Bottom line, we won a tough game, end of story.
    This was what a championship game should be!

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Still not sure what the sidelines and those upstairs were thinking in the second half on both sides of the ball. We going to get our hat handed to us if we keep tapping the breaks. Seems they didn't catch up with the game until 4th qtr. A good win but concerned as we go into the playoffs.

Comment

• Pleasure to meet up with y'all.

Comment

• If Argos had 5 minutes left, I think they could have won. I hope we don't see them again.
          <>

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            If Argos had 5 minutes left, I think they could have won. I hope we don't see them again.
            It does seem like we were just holding on and I believe that's what has a few of us nervous. We dominated statistically but it didn't feel like it, what's the fix?

Comment

• Been watching a replay of the game. Nice use of HJ as a receiver and it presents some problems for defenses. (1) HJ is looking good as a receiver and did an excellent job last night. (2) When he's out on the field, defenses don't know if he's going to throw or receive, of course they could be said of Rogan as well.

On that wildcat play in the first, Rogan was the one in motion......how often do you see that? Nice play, though it came up short.

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

It does seem like we were just holding on and I believe that's what has a few of us nervous. We dominated statistically but it didn't feel like it, what's the fix?
                We were on the WF 3 and the WF 2 in the second quarter and settled for FG's. You just can't do that (could have put UWF away by halftime if had scored TD's in those spots).

Then on the first possession of the 2nd half we fumbled the ball (watching the video I'm still not sure he wasn't down before the ball came out. The quality of video was a challenge).

If we want to be champions we're also going to have to eliminate the personal fouls. Also, the hold on the kickoff return was a back breaker (ended up being a 40 yard penalty instead of a 67 yard kickoff return)).

I loved the way we utilized HJ in the game. Get him the ball surrounded by green and let him do his thing.

I wish our offensive coaches would go back and watch games from 2007 and 2008. Take a look at how we used to use Cedric Jones. That would be a good way to utilize the talents Durham brings to the table.

Regardless of all that, UWF is a quality team and we got the win over them.

Let's go 1-0 this week and see what the landscape looks like from there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Also, the hold on the kickoff return was a back breaker (ended up being a 40 yard penalty instead of a 67 yard kickoff return)).

I watched the entire game again yesterday, skipping commercials. On that return, there was no holding. TV showed the replay and even the announcers said they saw no one holding.

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by blaze83 View Post
                    Still not sure what the sidelines and those upstairs were thinking in the second half on both sides of the ball. We going to get our hat handed to us if we keep tapping the breaks. Seems they didn't catch up with the game until 4th qtr. A good win but concerned as we go into the playoffs.
                    Goff went into cruise mode too early in the second half. Thought he could just run the ball and burn the clock. Never took any shots down field. Saunds was hot and he pretty much took him out of the game. We were calling his plays from the stands. Too predictable. Glad for the seniors and the win but he needs to let loose a little. Too much talent for his conservative play calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

We were on the WF 3 and the WF 2 in the second quarter and settled for FG's. You just can't do that (could have put UWF away by halftime if had scored TD's in those spots).

Let's go 1-0 this week and see what the landscape looks like from there.

I feel embarrassed saying this, when we are 9-0. However, to take the pressure off Wells and the O-line, I'm surprised we don't use our tight end more. He has decent hands, and I can remember only being 2 quick slants over the middle (all year)... He is underused.

Also to give O-line a break, Hatcher would call the delay shovel pass, once every quarter.. It helps to slow down blitzes and backers cheating up. "O.K., back to you Chuck."

(** And a 127 yards in penalties is not going to get us a ring- granted, 2 we're just bad D2 Calls)
                      Last edited by Wide_Right; 11-11-2019, 05:21 PM.
                      <>

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

(** And a 127 yards in penalties is not going to get us a ring- granted, 2 we're just bad D2 Calls)

Comment

• Originally posted by vsuman View Post

Goff went into cruise mode too early in the second half. Thought he could just run the ball and burn the clock. Never took any shots down field. Saunds was hot and he pretty much took him out of the game. We were calling his plays from the stands. Too predictable. Glad for the seniors and the win but he needs to let loose a little. Too much talent for his conservative play calling.
                            I agree, hopefully Coach will learn from this, that when you turn it off, it's not easy to turn it back on, even if you were moving the ball effortlessly before you packed up the offense.

This is something that I hadn't considered, this info helps because things were not adding up, Statistically it was not a close game even with the plethora of penalties. The Refs had an off night, thankfully it did not affect the outcome. Will the crew be graded or will their poor performance go unnoticed?

Comment

• You would all make great coaches! Just saying. We haven't played as "well" the last two games...I'll give you that. But we are winning. Still scoring at least 1 more than the opponent. I'll take that! Now to go defend the Peach Basket!

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
                                You would all make great coaches! Just saying. We haven't played as "well" the last two games...I'll give you that. But we are winning. Still scoring at least 1 more than the opponent. I'll take that! Now to go defend the Peach Basket!
                                LOL, I was where you're at a couple weeks ago but the masses talked me down off that ledge, I'm now cautiously optimistic.

In my heart of hearts I can't see Rogan losing though, the dude is special, his will to win is Mamba like, he does what it takes to get the W. I figured this out after last year's championship game, Ferris had more talent at QB but we had Rogan. We need to acknowledge his insane accomplishments more, maybe next year after his streak gets into the mid thirties :) we're going to be talking about Rogan for a long time, I just hope there isn't a sharp decline when he's done.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X