Clear All

VSU just posted an article about it!

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...-showcase.aspx

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

VSU just posted an article about it!

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...-showcase.aspx
      OF ALL THE LUCK! I'll be in Mississippi visiting with my wife's family. They need rabbit ears(from real rabbits) to pick up the sunrise.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

OF ALL THE LUCK! I'll be in Mississippi visiting with my wife's family. They need rabbit ears(from real rabbits) to pick up the sunrise.
        Mercy. Well don't get lost out there in the delta.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

This is either going to be "THE GAME " or an embarrassing rout. If the same ESPN camera crew and announcers that were used in their last "SHOW CASE" game (UWG/UWA)
            cover this one, we may not see plays, but we will be able to hear "Pure Football Insight" (NOT)

Comment

Comment

VSU in recent years have had so much going on during the games and during commercial breaks that it is really not too bad for the fans. You've got all those contests, the Red Hots and Cheerleaders perform, and the camera shots. There is always something going on. My favorite is the bouncy horse race......lol....

#BlazerNation

Comment

Top reasons why Blazers or Argos win GSC title game.

Blazers win because:

1. They are playing at home and have never lost to the Argos.

2. They are defending GSC and National Champions with roughly same personnel.

3. They are undefeated for nearly two years going into Saturday night game.

4. They have Harlan Hill nominee quarterback who they protect well and who also throws and runs well.

5. They have experienced, high powered and balanced offense with GSC No. 1 RB and WR.

6. They have top defense only outdone in stats by Argo defense.

7. They have better FG kicker.

8. They rarely turn ball over to opposing team and control time of possession with running game.

9. They have had a bye week to heal and prepare for Argos.

10. They win clean, low turnover, high scoring game because Blazer offense will score more on Argo D
                  than Argo offense will score on Blazer D.

Argos win because:

1. They are road warriors who have better road record than home record in last 3 years
                  and have beaten multiple No. 1 seeds on road before in playoffs. They led the Blazers late
                  in the game at Valdosta in their first year in 2016 when they only had a passing game.

2. They have D2 national coach of year who has substantially more experience, wins and
                  who has coached three different teams to playoffs and the Argos to the national title game.

3. They are currently breaking school records with their own win streak.

4. They have GSC No. 1 quarterback and are three deep with experienced D1 quarterbacks who can all run.

5. They have suffocating defense that leads GSC and nation in multiple catagories
                  including red zone and pass defense.

6. They lead GSC in sacks and in creating turnovers.

7. They have better punter and the patience to play field position for short fields created by defense.

8. They have complete and balanced offense that is deep at all positions with an improved running game.

9. They have played great this year after a close, subpar game and had a close, subpar game last week.

10. They win low scoring defensive game by forcing multiple turnovers and controlling the clock.

Who wins?

Blazers obvious heavy favorite, but I'll be sitting on visitor side cheering for Argos
                  in what is shaping up to be a classic offensive and defensive battle for GSC title.

Comment

Top 25 has been released and it looks like the 2 teams will stay the same. #20 West Florida vs #1 Valdosta State. Is it too early to start tailgating?
                    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Now where do the first 10 items factor in to these 8 items?

In summary you say:
                      Item Advantage
                      Home field- VSU
                      QB- UWF
                      D-Line UWF
                      Run UWF
                      Passing UWF
                      Kicking UWF
                      Score UWF 31-28

With all those advantages that score doesn't show much confidence. I guess we'll have to win O-line, Turnovers, Returns, the Monkey shines, the Confidence factor and the Roast(I'll bring the Kerosene we don't like it burnt, just cooked to perfection). Rogan Wells will just give Reed the HH and take the win. I just hope we don't give WF the ball on four straight drives inside our 40 like UWG did.

Fan The Flame - I like your MT quote.

FEAR THE FLAME

Comment

Comment

UWF, your season will not end this week, even with the loss this coming Saturday, you should still make the playoffs. Let's be real, the experts give you an 18% chance of beating the Blazers, and predict a 13 point loss. That's not bad at all for a three year old program, I believe you're the strongest opponent we will face before the playoffs, you should be proud - That's an accomplishment. I want to be straight with you guys because I know how disappointing it is to lose when you expect to win. The former heralds would come here, prognosticate and then when reality hit they would disappear. I don't want this for you guys, I enjoy the banter and hope that you all stick around.

You see, at some point over the past few years, UWG & FIT fans have herald the arrival of the new kings of the GSC. The demise of the biggest of the "Big Three" has been predicted for a while now, and you are all right, the Blazers will eventually be dethroned but you have to be patient. As we say here "you gatta sit small till ya name call" Your time will come, but right now it's still our crown, the Blazers are just getting started. In a few years you will all get to say we played those guys tough back in 2019. That will be your claim to fame :)

Comment

Regarding the QB comparison:

UWF's QB Austin Reed has a QB rating of 145.99, a completion percentage of 57.21%, has thrown for 1806 yards and 18 TDs with 7 INTs..
                            VSU's QB Rogan Wells has a QB rating of 166.63, a completion percentage of 74.27%, has thrown for 1771 yards and 15 TDs with 4 INTs.

Reed has rushed for 6 TDs on 35 carries with a net gain of 115 yards averaging 3.4 yards per carry and 14.88 yards per game.
                            Wells has rushed for 6 TDs on 58 carries with a net gain of 512 yards averaging 8.8 yards per carry and 64 yards per game.

Reed has 0 receptions.
                            Wells has 1 reception for a TD.

Reed's backups have attempted 19 passes.
                            Wells backup has attempted 30 passes.

Reed's yards per attempt passing is 8.13.
                            Wells yards per attempt passing is 8.59.

Comment

Thanks for the supportive opposing fan encouragement, but the Argo fans excited optimism is not delusional, it is based on the reality of historical facts from successful programs like Valdosta. According to Valdosta's own record books the Blazers did not have a winning season in their first four years, did not win their first playoff game until 12 years later and did not appear in the national title game until 20 years after the program began. In contrast, the Argos first four years has seen three winning seasons in the toughest D2 conference in the nation, one and likely two playoff appearances, a regional playoff title, tied for the highest playoff winning percentage and an appearance in the national title game. They are clearly developing at an unprecedented rate and may be ready to go toe to toe with the Blazers sooner than the experts or even the fans might predict. I want to see both teams play their best on Saturday so we can see how they stack up and win or lose the Argos will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                                UWF, your season will not end this week, even with the loss this coming Saturday, you should still make the playoffs. Let's be real, the experts give you an 18% chance of beating the Blazers, and predict a 13 point loss. That's not bad at all for a three year old program, I believe you're the strongest opponent we will face before the playoffs, you should be proud - That's an accomplishment. I want to be straight with you guys because I know how disappointing it is to lose when you expect to win. The former heralds would come here, prognosticate and then when reality hit they would disappear. I don't want this for you guys, I enjoy the banter and hope that you all stick around.

You see, at some point over the past few years, UWG & FIT fans have herald the arrival of the new kings of the GSC. The demise of the biggest of the "Big Three" has been predicted for a while now, and you are all right, the Blazers will eventually be dethroned but you have to be patient. As we say here "you gatta sit small till ya name call" Your time will come, but right now it's still our crown, the Blazers are just getting started. In a few years you will all get to say we played those guys tough back in 2019. That will be your claim to fame :)
                                A week ago I said that VSU would probably be 3 touchdown favorites vs the Argos and that the Blazers deserved to be. When I said that VSU fans just wanted to tell me I was "sandbagging" and they all wanted to convince me how bad their team sucked. Haha, I can't figure out if we are supposed to give VSU the respect they deserve or if we are supposed to agree that the Blazers are awful and that they are the worst coached team in America.

My hopes are that in the next decade, West Florida grows into a huge problem for other division 2 football programs to contend with and I dream of a dominant dynasty. I hope our sugar like white helmets are as well known as our sugar like white sand. Who knows, we will see. Until then, Valdosta is the biggest and baddest beast in all of D2 football and therefore obviously the king of the GSC. I don't think as of now anyone is debating that. If you win the National Championship you are the king. Nobody has beaten VSU this year, Blazers are still clearly the king. Win or lose, UWF would love to keep it as close as possible to make a strong case for still getting into the playoffs. As the Argos have already shown in their short existence, if you get into the playoffs...anything can happen.
                                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X