Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    I agree, hopefully Coach will learn from this, that when you turn it off, it's not easy to turn it back on, even if you were moving the ball effortlessly before you packed up the offense.
    Coach doesn't have anything to learn from this.

In the second half the Argos made some adjustments and scored on their opening possession.

We turned around and gave them the ball back on a fumble (and lost momentum). Argos scored again and all of a sudden we're back on our heels and the Argos are playing great.

We stopped it, though. And we scored. And when it really mattered we bowed our backs. And we won. End of story.

Did you armchair quarterbacks see what Goff did with Durham? Goff: you know - the guy that's still learning his x's and o's.

What a creative genius to run Durham at receiver with the goal of getting him loose to do his thing surrounded by green (especially brilliant with Kenny Benjamin out).

I believe Durham had 7 receptions (but might be wrong).

Comment

...I just hope there isn't a sharp decline when he's done.
      Rogan's just a junior this year so we should have another year.

Meanwhile Durham's perfecting his craft.

There's also a young freshman quarterback on the roster that spins a very nice ball and reminds me a little of a mix between Rogan and Dusty Bonner. Similar stature to Rogan but maybe just a little thicker body. I assume he's getting redshirted since he hasn't played.

Comment

It does seem like we were just holding on and I believe that's what has a few of us nervous. We dominated statistically but it didn't feel like it, what's the fix?
        Run the darn ball in the redzone especially the 2 yard line the game should of been 28-0 at the half definitely 24-0 at worst. Too much talent to only score 1 touchdown in a half hell we played good defenses last year but still scored at will on everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

In the second half the Argos made some adjustments and scored on their opening possession.

We turned around and gave them the ball back on a fumble (and lost momentum). Argos scored again and all of a sudden we're back on our heels and the Argos are playing great.

We stopped it, though. And we scored. And when it really mattered we bowed our backs. And we won. End of story.

Did you armchair quarterbacks see what Goff did with Durham? Goff: you know - the guy that's still learning his x's and o's.

What a creative genius to run Durham at receiver with the goal of getting him loose to do his thing surrounded by green (especially brilliant with Kenny Benjamin out).

In the second half, zero shots down field, zero throws to Brian Saunds, zero pressure (like first half) on opposing quarterback until last half of 4th quarter. Everyone in my section were saying the same thing. Yes Argos made some adjustments and we made some questionable penalties. We should know by now that if the game is televised the refs will be throwing more flags. They are interviewing for other jobs too!
          Last edited by vsuman; 11-13-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vsuman View Post
            In the second half, zero shots down field, zero throws to Ryan Saunds!
            Maybe Ryan will have a better game this week. : - )

Comment

• Prior to Argo game Blazers averaged 23-9 in first half and 17-6 in second half and led all halves played with exception of first half against N.Greenville. They were close to their average in first half against Argos and were down in second half for first time all season.

Comment

I still think Goff needs to use his tight end more. He is a good blocker. But he pretty good hands. I don't see quick slants in th 5-10 yard area. And delayed shovel pass I think could keep blitzes in check.
                <>

Comment

Good catch. I corrected it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I still think Goff needs to use his tight end more. He is a good blocker. But he pretty good hands. I don't see quick slants in th 5-10 yard area. And delayed shovel pass I think could keep blitzes in check.

Comment

• Comment

I disagree that he doesn't have anything to learn from this, I accept that my observation could be wrong but something changed from first half to second and if that one fumble and a few penalties caused us to score just 7 points then we need to get better. No one here is hating on coach, we're pointing out areas we believe we can improve and as critical as we seem you can bet Coach Goff is even more critical,

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X