Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional rankings!

GSC has 3 in the mix - VSU, WF and....wait for it... Mississippi College at #8!

Some familiar faces from last year, with Bowie St, Lenoir-Ryne, and old opponent Carson Newman.

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post
    GSC has 3 in the mix - VSU, WF and....wait for it... Mississippi College at #8!

Some familiar faces from last year, with Bowie St, Lenoir-Ryne, and old opponent Carson Newman.

Comment

That's a big wow for the Choctaws!! Congrats!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Obviously I'm hoping UWF plays their best game of the season and somehow finds a way to beat VSU, but say they lose that one and win the other 2. I'm thinking they would still be a lock to get into the playoffs. Am I correct or biased/crazy?
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
          Obviously I'm hoping UWF plays their best game of the season and somehow finds a way to beat VSU, but say they lose that one and win the other 2. I'm thinking they would still be a lock to get into the playoffs. Am I correct or biased/crazy?
          A two loss West Florida is in, in my opinion, but it might cost you the first round home game, depending on how everyone else does.

Comment

What about Fort Valley St U. They are 6-2

Comment

Originally posted by OLD CAT View Post
              Honestly strength of schedule could be hurting Fort Valley. They are probably Sitting at 11 or 12. If they keep winning they will be in the mix soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SkegeeGrad151 View Post

Honestly strength of schedule could be hurting Fort Valley. They are probably Sitting at 11 or 12. If they keep winning they will be in the mix soon.
                This has been true in the past with several teams over the years. The committee typically values SOS.
                Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by OLD CAT View Post
                  My prediction - FVSU loses to either SSU OR ASU.. They have a loss that doesn't count and could end with 2 losses for ranking purposes.
                  " " - Wingate loses to LR this weekend, and possibly to Mars Hill
                  " " - Virginia Union loses to VS. VU will be done with a loss.
                  " " - MC just not sure they can sweep last three so they're out.
                  Don't see any rest dropping out unless CN doesn't run the table or VU upsets VS.

The question I have is if CN, WF and WU end with two losses each and other 4 win out, how are they seeded? There is a high likely hood of SIAC getting earned access and bumping #7 team.
                  Last edited by vsukerosene; 10-29-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
                    The question I have is if CN, WF and WU end with two losses each and other 4 win out, how are they seeded? There is a high likely hood of SIAC getting earned access and bumping #7 team.
                    That's a tough one. I don't think Wingate falls back more than one spot (behind WF) with a loss to LR. A loss to Newberry could really hurt them but Mars Hill only has two D2 loses as well (sidenote, a win over Wingate brings them into the mix). Then it gets hard because Carson Newman has the win over WF but Wingate has the win over Carson Newman. I think Wingate is at the biggest risk with 2 loses because of SOS, a lack of any quality wins, and honestly just when the loses happened in this scenario. As I said, in this scenario Mars Hill is relevant as well and they'd have a win over Wingate too and only two D2 loses.

All that said, I don't think Wingate is going to lose two games, I do think we are going to stomp them this weekend though.
                    Last edited by BearsLRU; 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

A two loss West Florida is in, in my opinion, but it might cost you the first-round home game, depending on how everyone else does.
                      I selfishly would be perfectly ok with that if they send them to Lenoir Rhyne for 1st round. I am a UWF grad and still get to Pensacola often, but I live on Lake Norman now in Davidson, NC so I would love a quick trip to Hickory to watch my Argos in the playoffs. I made the easy trip to Wingate a few years ago for the playoffs when UWF came up here.
                      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

If CN, WF and WU end with 2 losses, one thing to remember is WF I think is short a win due to VA-Lynchburg doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I selfishly would be perfectly ok with that if they send them to Lenoir Rhyne for 1st round. I am a UWF grad and still get to Pensacola often, but I live on Lake Norman now in Davidson, NC so I would love a quick trip to Hickory to watch my Argos in the playoffs. I made the easy trip to Wingate a few years ago for the playoffs when UWF came up here.
                          Haha, don't forget what we did to that other GSC Florida team last year. We'd love to have y'all up here and that would be a good game, but that's pushing the 600 mile mark (Google Maps says 587), so I wouldnt be shocked if a 2 loss WF gets moved to another region, depending on various factors. I doubt ya'll would fall back to 7 anyways. Assuming LR is a two seed I'm expecting a SIAC team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X