Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
    L-R's remaining opponents currently have 4 combined wins on the season with 14 losses.

VSU's remaining opponents have 13 combined wins and 4 losses.

If us and L-R win out don't see any way that doesn't flip the position.

I imagine L-R folks are in a west loving mood (pulling for West Florida and West Georgia in the next two weeks).

O.K. so answer me this. L.R. will end up with 11-0 record.
    VSU hopefully, will end up with a 10-0 record. You think NCAA would give us the bye week?
    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

VSU hopefully, will end up with a 10-0 record. You think NCAA would give us the bye week?
      At this point, we can't control anything except what we do. Let's win out and let the chips fall where they may.
      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

" Let's win out and let the chips fall where they may."
        Oh, I've heard that before GNB, and they always seem to fall in my backyard!

<>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
            unless someone has a bad game plan.
            Blazers; 10/26
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I would say yes, buts its hard to say. While LR is playing teams with losing records, what the teams you've already beaten do also effects your SOS, thats why VSU's dropped in the bye week. Wingate and Virginia Union both play teams with winning records, Virginia Union's opponent is ranked regionally, so if they both win then it may cancel out the fact we are playing UNCP... BIG BUT, we play Catawba the last weekend of the year and they are truly terrible. If coach will let the guys, they could probably score 100 in 3 quarters on them. That game will hurt us big time, and should be enough for VSU to get the 1 seed with wins.

I do want to say that is why we don't take a bye week. Perhaps VSU should consider playing 11 as well, its something to talk about anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

I do want to say that is why we don't take a bye week. Perhaps VSU should consider playing 11 as well, its something to talk about anyways.
                VSU has a hard enough time scheduling out of conference games as it is. Trying to add an 11th SR2 game would probably be impractical. Plus, an off week gives players a chance to heal and rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

VSU has a hard enough time scheduling out of conference games as it is. Trying to add an 11th SR2 game would probably be impractical. Plus, an off week gives players a chance to heal and rest.
                  We would probably schedule a home-home with them! While I don't think this is the year it will happen, I do wonder if it will come back to haunt them at some point. Undefeated is undefeated but 11 is more than 10, especially if that extra win is against a highly ranked team.

Comment

Perhaps VSU should consider playing 11 as well, its something to talk about anyways.
                    I'd say things have worked out pretty well over the last 15 seasons doing it the way we do it.

All we gotta do is keep winning.

Comment

I was looking at scores from this weekend. DSU needs some highly unlikely upsets to get in the playoffs this season, but hey, I BELIEVE!

Comment

I'm curious to see what they do in SR2 now, WF should fall behind CN because of head-to-head, but I doubt they want Wingate and CN to play in the first round. I can't see them bumping WF to 7 though and moving Virginia St up for losing on the road to the defending undefeated NC, especially since the SIAC is in great position to get an earned access bid. Maybe they'll just drop VSU to 4. (Sorry I had to hahaha).

I'd say things have worked out pretty well over the last 15 seasons doing it the way we do it.

Well our people are complaining about not having an off week now so maybe 10 is the way to go haha.

Comment

Sometimes it's ridiculously challenging to find that 11th game. See C-N this year. I cannot say who due to giving someone my word, but I know there were at least 5 teams C-N had lined up to potentially play on September 14th (week 2) and it fell apart each and every time.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Sometimes it's ridiculously challenging to find that 11th game. See C-N this year. I cannot say who due to giving someone my word, but I know there were at least 5 teams C-N had lined up to potentially play on September 14th (week 2) and it fell apart each and every time.
                            We had a game a few years ago against some basically fake school because we couldn't find anyone. It was such a joke they pulled it from the records and don't count it. (We started kneeling in the 3rd up 92-something). Our athletic department does always seem to get one big OC game scheduled every year. (Westchester, West Alabama, Virginia Union).

Comment

We had a game a few years ago against some basically fake school because we couldn't find anyone. It was such a joke they pulled it from the records and don't count it. (We started kneeling in the 3rd up 92-something). Our athletic department does always seem to get one big OC game scheduled every year. (Westchester, West Alabama, Virginia Union).
                              LOL, was that the quasi-college that was started by a strip mall pastor that was recruiting guys out of the neighborhood?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

LOL, was that the quasi-college that was started by a strip mall pastor that was recruiting guys out of the neighborhood?
                                Literally almost choked on my lunch laughing at this

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X