Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ineligible players

Just saw on Twitter from the conference that us and West Fl. Have both played ineligible players this season. Are we in jeopardy of consequences coming later? Anyone have any knowledge on this?

I heard about that too. My feeling is that there should be forfeits but I dont really know what the situations are.

Comment

O wow! That's big news. I'm curious to see what comes of it.
      RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

In looking at the statements, the UWF player had been suspended for the previous year and his reinstatement required certain reports be submitted. UWF didn't submit the final report.

The VSU player was a transfer, and the previous institution omitted information from the documents it submitted to the NCAA. It's the NCAA; so, fairness and common sense are not necessarily part of the equation, but if the screw up is truly on the part of the other institution, VSU shouldn't have to forfeit games, but I repeat, it's the NCAA.

Comment

Last year, Ferris State played an ineligible player. Allegedly, he was told by Grand Valley that he wouldn't be eligible so he went to Ferris State instead - and played. It was reported. They did not forfeit any games but they did receive a nullification penalty and were moved from the #1 seed to the #2 seed. That is how I remember it but I cannot guarantee those details are absolutely correct.

Comment

The GSC football site has a report explaining the situation and sanctions. As of now it looks like a fine and reinstruction and review of the applicable procedures for both institutions assuming no further violations are found. Both institutions self reported when the potential violation was discovered and the violation was found to be a secondary type and not requiring nullification sanctions.

Comment

These D1 schools have been known to botch a transfer by not completing some paperwork........maybe deliberately??

The article did say that the NCAA will be voting on some of these transfer regulations in January.

West Fl has a different issue.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is good. I would hate to see a football team punished for botched paperwork.
                    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                        These D1 schools have been known to botch a transfer by not completing some paperwork........maybe deliberately??

The article did say that the NCAA will be voting on some of these transfer regulations in January.

West Fl has a different issue.
                        Goff is a good guy. He's being thorough in making sure things are done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Goff is a good guy. He's being thorough in making sure things are done right.
                          Definitely. Coach is doing some great things with the program.
                          The whole staff takes NCAA regulations seriously - from the AD on down. We are very fortunate to have the people we do.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

Regarding the certification question, was that VSU certifying that the player eligible, or was it the NCAA certifying that the player was eligible for transfer?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X