Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was LR responsible for preparing and submitting that list?

Comment

Yes it was our mistake.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by baldereagle View Post
          I heard about that too. My feeling is that there should be forfeits but I dont really know what the situations are.

Comment

I seem to remember an ineligible player costing UWA basketball a GSC title even though his former school gave false info.

Comment

Seems to be a double standard exhibited here by NCAA rules enforcement officials. If rules are broken they have got to be the same result no matter who the team is.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                Seems to be a double standard exhibited here by NCAA rules enforcement officials. If rules are broken they have got to be the same result no matter who the team is.
                ^^^^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^^^^^

Comment

From the mouths of Wolves...not shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
                    From the mouths of Wolves...not shocking.
                    You will notice in my original post that I said ANY team. That means ANY team, whether it would be a team I support, my alma mater, a rival team, etc.

If I were you I would be very grateful that my team barely received a slap on the wrist as this had the potential to have a negative impact on another excellent season by the Blazers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

You will notice in my original post that I said ANY team. That means ANY team, whether it would be a team I support, my alma mater, a rival team, etc.

If I were you I would be very grateful that my team barely received a slap on the wrist as this had the potential to have a negative impact on another excellent season by the Blazers.
                      Yea that was a bit rough, I take you at your word. But, you have to follow your argument to its logical conclusion. In so doing you would equate accidental shoplifting with burglary. In this instance we walked out of the store with an item not realizing it was in our possession, when we realized we had it we went back to return it or pay for it. The NCAA then determined that it was as we explained and left it at that.

If you're saying that all infractions (no matter major or minor) should result in major penalties, I think that's a bit harsh.

Comment

Good to see the NCAA has changed their protocol on innocent situations. Common sense did not appear when LR was denied a playoff spot

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yea that was a bit rough, I take you at your word. But, you have to follow your argument to its logical conclusion. In so doing you would equate accidental shoplifting with burglary. In this instance we walked out of the store with an item not realizing it was in our possession, when we realized we had it we went back to return it or pay for it. The NCAA then determined that it was as we explained and left it at that.

If you're saying that all infractions (no matter major or minor) should result in major penalties, I think that's a bit harsh.
                          Of course the penalty should fit the infraction. I understand what you are saying and if the players in question never participated in a game I would say the decision is more than fair.
                          However, they did play. Would the outcome of those games have been different if those players did not play? Most likely not.... or maybe. As long as there is a "maybe" there is a question surrounding those games. We need to put ourselves in the position of the opposing student athletes--- is it fair to them?

The really frustrating part of all of this is the inconsistency of the decisions in situations like this. We never know what the NCAA is going to do.
                          Of course none of this matters as it is just opinion and a decision has already been made. Best of luck to the Blazers and Argos in the playoffs. I hope someone brings the NC back to the GSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

Of course the penalty should fit the infraction. I understand what you are saying and if the players in question never participated in a game I would say the decision is more than fair.
                            However, they did play. Would the outcome of those games have been different if those players did not play? Most likely not.... or maybe. As long as there is a "maybe" there is a question surrounding those games. We need to put ourselves in the position of the opposing student athletes--- is it fair to them?

The really frustrating part of all of this is the inconsistency of the decisions in situations like this. We never know what the NCAA is going to do.
                            Of course none of this matters as it is just opinion and a decision has already been made. Best of luck to the Blazers and Argos in the playoffs. I hope someone brings the NC back to the GSC.
                            I get your point,to use that walking out the store analogy, it's like you've walked out with a product that's not returnable. At that point, an apology cannot remedy the situation, to your point there should be a fee. In the case of the analogy you'd pay for the product but in the case at hand, what is the fix? I don't know?

Comment

Comment

Agree.

Coach Goff made the decision to take a knee at the end of the game Saturday rather than add another touchdown to the score. The game was won. And that was the right decision and what a lesson it teaches our players. We have been on that side of the ball before when other GSC coaches ran up the score on us. We know how that feels.
                                If a coach allows targeting and taunting by his players, it only hurts your program. And what does that teach the players?

You reap what you sow.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X