Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post

There's a chance of this, but you'll probably need a Carson Newman loss as well to get up to the 6 seed, and that may not be enough. Miles may not get in even with a win allowing you to only need to jump VA St, but my gut tells me they aren't holding a SIAC team out this year.
    Yeah, that's highly unlikely. BTW, to me it always seemed that CIAA teams were stronger than SIAC teams, sorta like GSC vs SAC (just a bit of a dig Bear), how come ASU has a higher SOS than the CIAA schools?
    Last edited by boyblue; 11-13-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Yeah, that's highly unlikely. BTW, to me it always seemed that CIAA teams were stronger than SIAC teams, sorta like GSC vs SAC (just a bit of a dig Bear), how come ASU has a higher SOS than the CIAA schools?
      The Golden Rams played a pretty strong OOC schedule this year. Heck, just playing the Blazers this year probably jumped their SOS quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

The CIAA has had the number of the SIAC in recent years. The fact that Va. State has only lost to an undefeated 11th/13th ranked Bowie State and a FCS (Norfolk State), i feel they deserve to make the playoffs. Outside of the CIAA Championship this weekend, most teams don't have a week 11 game. Whats the point of keeping track of record, if toughness of schedule outweighs it? An 8-2 team should not be missing the playoffs in a design that features 4 different regions

Comment

Does Miles get #7 seed?

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
            Does Miles get #7 seed?
            I expect so. Being an earned access team, there are more bracketing restrictions. Specifically, they have to play against a #2 seed; but if it saves flights, it can be the #2 seed in a different region. If Harding gets the #3 to Ouachita Baptist's #2, we might see Miles facing Ouachita so they wouldn't have a second-round flight.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

The CIAA has had the number of the SIAC in recent years. The fact that Va. State has only lost to an undefeated 11th/13th ranked Bowie State and a FCS (Norfolk State), i feel they deserve to make the playoffs. Outside of the CIAA Championship this weekend, most teams don't have a week 11 game. Whats the point of keeping track of record, if toughness of schedule outweighs it? An 8-2 team should not be missing the playoffs in a design that features 4 different regions
              I agree, it's almost like giving LR a bye, it's like a scrimmage. If it weren't for having the home game in the regional final I'd rather have have their schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X