Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delta State @ Mississippi College (Wk 11)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta State @ Mississippi College (Wk 11)

The Heritage Bell Classic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_...otball_rivalry
    The chances of DSU making the playoffs are slim to none. Though, a win to close out the season against an old rival will be great.

GAME LINK:
    https://www.gochoctaws.com/watch/?Live=34&type=Live
    Last edited by CalifOKRA; 11-16-2019, 01:49 PM.
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

HERITAGE BELL CLASSIC: Statesmen & Choctaws Set For Saturday Showdown
    https://gostatesmen.com/news/2019/11...n-clinton.aspx

Comment

I was thinking our chances are better than slim to none! We of course have to beat MC and if West Alabama can beat West Georgia and/or if Tusculum can upset Carson Newman, I would assume we would be in the playoffs? Just what I'm hearing around Cleveland and assumed after looking at the last regional rankings.

Comment

Comment

Yea, I forgot about all those EA scenerios!! May be harder than I thought for us to make the playoffs, but we have a great SOS which you would think would help!

Comment

Definitely slim to none. Also, West Alabama plays West Florida. Even if UWF loses, UWF holds the head to head matchup. UWF would secure a spot before DSU. UWF absolutely demolished DSU.

Comment

Yeah, it's going to take someone a different conference losing. It wouldn't be the first time we got bumped by EA either. I'm afraid if Albany State loses to Miles, then Miles will jump to 9 and we'll get bumped anyway. Just a point of clarification, that loss to Grand Valley doesn't affect our regional rankings right?

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
                Yeah, it's going to take someone a different conference losing. It wouldn't be the first time we got bumped by EA either. I'm afraid if Albany State loses to Miles, then Miles will jump to 9 and we'll get bumped anyway. Just a point of clarification, that loss to Grand Valley doesn't affect our regional rankings right?
                GV does not affect. A DSU win and UWF loss generates 7-2 and 7-3 in region records, respectively.

Comment

If UWF happened to lose to UWA, that would be back to back losses for UWF. While not likely to happen, if it did, that wouldn't look great to a selection committee.

Comment

Originally posted by greendog72 View Post

GV does not affect. A DSU win and UWF loss generates 7-2 and 7-3 in region records, respectively.
                    Yeah, that's why I think we need a Carson Newman loss in order to have a fighting chance, otherwise we'll get knocked out by EA. I think they would put us ahead of Virginia State, but we would then just get knocked by Albany, or Miles.

Comment

Originally posted by DSUFAN View Post
                      If UWF happened to lose to UWA, that would be back to back losses for UWF. While not likely to happen, if it did, that wouldn't look great to a selection committee.

Comment

As Mr. Larold likes to say; "This is gonna be a slobberknocker!"
                        <>

Comment

I wish MC was in the GSC back when I was playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                            As Mr. Larold likes to say; "This is gonna be a slobberknocker!"
                            I see two "slobberknockers" this week. PEACH BASKET BINGO (although probably not close at the end)
                            and THE FLORA-BAMA MULLET TOSS (major upset here)

MC/DSU? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

I see two "slobberknockers" this week. PEACH BASKET BINGO (although probably not close at the end)
                              and THE FLORA-BAMA MULLET TOSS (major upset here)

MC/DSU? NOT EVEN CLOSE
                              Last edited by CalifOKRA; 11-16-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X