Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

So you're not GLIAC, and whine when you're losing?

Comment

Yes, absolutely. Like when Northwest plays Pitt State. No jawing makes it really boing.
      <>

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
        Very undisciplined WG team. Yes we had our share of penalties, but two targeting calls? Considering the season I would be looking for a new coach. Go Blazers. Way to get the job done
        No let them keep Dean we have handed them their hat the last couple of years. UWG had talent but someone is going to have to recruit better they are 5-8 players away from being on our level.

Comment

Yes I was glad I was able to attend along with the nice tailgate we put on.

Comment

It was good to see Candler get a chance to play in his last game at UWG. Understood that he was done for the season so that was nice surprise. It was clear that he was not able to move as well as he had in the past due to the injury but he gave a great effort.

Three things I came away from the stadium thinking, with two of them about VSU:

1) The speed on the offensive side of the ball for VSU is better than I remember from last year. Seems like they have gotten even faster.
            2) In order to make another NC run the VSU pass defense is going to have to improve. Giving up 374 yards to a not-so-good UWG team without a lot of play makers is not a good sign. That number could have been even higher as there were a couple of instances where receivers were wide open for a big gain but the connection was not made.
            3) There were some really bad calls and missed calls throughout the game. It hurt both teams. The UWG catch and fumble that should have gone over to VSU. The fumble that was called a pass. Multiple instances of holding that were not called.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze83 View Post

No let them keep Dean we have handed them their hat the last couple of years. UWG had talent but someone is going to have to recruit better they are 5-8 players away from being on our level.
              The top recruit for the Wolves has to be a new defensive coach. Way too many points given up this year with the talent on that defense.
              Then some big linemen on both sides of the ball. The o-line was pushed around a lot this year.
              Then improvement on special teams. A 62% FG conversion rate is not cutting it. Can't leave those points on the field against good teams.
              There are some young offensive play makers on the team that could develop nicely in a year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post

The top recruit for the Wolves has to be a new defensive coach. Way too many points given up this year with the talent on that defense.
                Then some big linemen on both sides of the ball. The o-line was pushed around a lot this year.
                Then improvement on special teams. A 62% FG conversion rate is not cutting it. Can't leave those points on the field against good teams.
                There are some young offensive play makers on the team that could develop nicely in a year or two.
                Agree on DC. We can recruit big linemen, Question is, Can they understand and really play their position. 62% FG is not bad playing D2. Not sure what the D2 % avg is, I would think is above average for D2 FG kickers, not sure though. Done now, I could set here and type my arm chair coaching points, na, rather not. I'll leave it up to Coach Dean... People say he is one of the best. I'll wait and see.

Comment

How long are we going to wait and see if he is a good coach?

Comment

You may have to wait a while. You are in Carrollton. Takes forever for anyone to see the light there it seems (no offense). He is in fact not all he is cracked up to be. And he wanted to be on the other side of the field. No investment in UWG = bad season. Do the math.

Comment

You are in Carrollton. Takes forever for anyone to see the light there it seems (no offense).
                      At least its not Livingston.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat191 View Post
                        1) The speed on the offensive side of the ball for VSU is better than I remember from last year. Seems like they have gotten even faster.
                        Craziest thing I've seen speed wise is that, on our first TD our right tackle (Ralph Singleton-51) pulled from the right side and ran with Tompkins. In fact Ralph got to the end zone at the same time as Jamar but made a couple of blocks on the way.

Singleton is a bit undersized but he's a very good athlete and plays his position well.

Comment

You may have to wait a while. You are in Carrollton. Takes forever for anyone to see the light there it seems (no offense). He is in fact not all he is cracked up to be. And he wanted to be on the other side of the field. No investment in UWG = bad season. Do the math.

Comment

Chicken or Egg? I'd say it's 50/50, I doubt it could be just any coach. Our AD it seems has a nose for coaching talent.
                            Last edited by boyblue; 11-19-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

You joined the board a month ago and for a month now you've been dinging Dean (sort of the same old thing over and over).

What's that all about? Nothing to say about the Blazers, an undefeated season, bye in the playoffs, #1 ranking, etc?

Obviously you're free to post whatever you want but it's mighty repetitive. Just curious what the deal is with you and Dean.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X