Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The FloraBama Battle- West Ala. @ West Fla.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The FloraBama Battle- West Ala. @ West Fla.

I love the name of this game! FloraBama Battle.....or Bowl!

Comment

This game needs a trophy with beach sand from FL-AL border incorporated in the design. Maybe some kind of hourglass?

Comment

Or an empty beer can with a mullet

Comment

Originally posted by baldereagle View Post
          Or an empty beer can with a mullet
          For those who REALLY KNOW THE FLORA-BAMA, there IS NO OTHER TROPHY more appropriate

Comment

As much as a bronzed mullet atop a Budweiser can trophy might appeal to Redneck Rivierans, I doubt the schools would go for it unless the students pressed the issue with their own creation.

As for the game itself, the special teams look even per GSC stats, the offenses are mostly equal with the Tigers passing a little more and the Argos running a little more than the other team. The only significant difference between the offenses is the Argos protect the QB better and throw fewer picks. The Argo D gives up fewer points and yards, has more tackles for loss and creates substantially more turnovers, so the edge would have to go to them on defense. Given the edge on D and the home field and playoff motivation the Argos should prevail by slightly more than a touchdown in what should be a good close game to close out the regular season and hopefully launch the Argos into a deep playoff run. Argos by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
              As much as a bronzed mullet atop a Budweiser can trophy might appeal to Redneck Rivierans, I doubt the schools would go for it unless the students pressed the issue with their own creation.

As for the game itself, the special teams look even per GSC stats, the offenses are mostly equal with the Tigers passing a little more and the Argos running a little more than the other team. The only significant difference between the offenses is the Argos protect the QB better and throw fewer picks. The Argo D gives up fewer points and yards, has more tackles for loss and creates substantially more turnovers, so the edge would have to go to them on defense. Given the edge on D and the home field and playoff motivation the Argos should prevail by slightly more than a touchdown in what should be a good close game to close out the regular season and hopefully launch the Argos into a deep playoff run. Argos by 10.

That would still look better than that ugly ass peach crate.... JK (SO)

Comment

William Fisher and Baldereagle, I gave both of you some pub in my preview since I felt like you both were the co-founders of the name 'Flora-Bama Bowl'. Great job by the way. I love the name.
                https://www.d2football.com/gsc-previ...en-2019-11-14/

Comment

I agree. I think the Flora-Bama Bowl has some real potential to stick. I'm ready to get my Flora-Bama Bowl t-shirt with the West Alabama and West Florida helmets colliding. Last game of the year every year ending with the Flora-Bama Bowl would be an awesome tradition.
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Let's start a committee. First session has to be you know where. 4-5 hour opening discussion (laying the plan out....after 4-5 hours, plans may not be the only thing "laying" out.

Comment

Already stopped by for lunch today to scout out ideas. Definitely needs to be a weathered wood look and nothing new and shiny.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                        Already stopped by for lunch today to scout out ideas. Definitely needs to be a weathered wood look and nothing new and shiny.
                        In addition to a trophy, etc. flying the winners flag off the back deck until the next contest would expose the schools to people from every state and many foreign countries.

Comment

Comment

The general manager of the Ole River grill at the Flora-Bama , Matt Claxton, is a West Florida Alum.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

In addition to a trophy, etc. flying the winners flag off the back deck until the next contest would expose the schools to people from every state and many foreign countries.
                              That is a GREAT idea Mr. Larold.
                              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X