Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida @ Wingate II

Last edited by Argonut; 11-19-2019, 01:26 PM.

WF will stack up in the box big time. If Wingate can move the ball on the ground and beat that they have this game otherwise WF probably will advance.

Comment

Weather forecast is trending better with less rain and this should improve Argo chances.

Comment

If the weather is a factor, I see Wingate with the edge. From my limited observations of the Argos their success lies in the hands of their receivers. (Pun intended). They probably would have beat the Blazers in the GSC title game had receivers caught the balls that hit them in their hands. This outcome will be magnified if there are wet conditions. With Wingate's offense, their goal is to control the clock and keep the Argo offense off the field.

Comment

North Carolina weather is usually fantastic, but Saturday looks like a complete mess. Friday and Sunday both are sunny so the Argos are not catching a break here with the downpour falling on Saturday. Wingate's running game is ideal for the conditions we are looking at. West Florida is in for a battle this weekend.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Constant, heavy monsoon rain like the West Georgia game will certainly hamper Argo passing game, but less severe rain may not be as much of a detriment since Argo roster is made up with Florida natives who grew up playing in heavy rainfall state. Wingate roster is mostly North and South Carolinians and they grew up playing in state with a lot less rainfall in football months. It may turn out that Argos are better ducks than Bulldogs.

Comment

Does anyone know if Wingate has turf or grass?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowdy Crowdy View Post
                Does anyone know if Wingate has turf or grass?
                Used to be grass (but been a few years since I've been there).

Online pictures look like it's still grass.

Comment

Yeah, 2 years ago it was grass. I assume it's the same.
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Comment

Actually most of us pull for GSC teams throughout the playoffs except when we play each other so now that the regular season is over, expect less contentious debate except for when we go head to head. I've picked UWF this week, not because of your PO win a couple years ago but because you now represent the GSC and you're expected to beat SAC teams and everyone else. Our theory is that by playing in the strongest conference we get stronger, so that when we play out of conference we normally win.

There was a time when the SAC limited themselves to less scholarships than the NCAA allowed so we always expected to beat them. Even with their self imposed restrictions occasionally a really good SAC team (normally Carson Newman) would lay the wood to the GSC, we no longer have the scholarship advantage so the basis for our confidence is gone but our attitudes have not changed.

Guess all I'm saying is go get em Argos!

Comment

Ditto for me too. If Blazers win the region I want them to repeat so Argos can play two time defending champion next year.

Comment

Last year SAC was two wins one loss against GSC in the playoffs. LR is two wins and two losses with GSC in playoffs.

Comment

Is there a chance this game gets moved to Sunday? Saturday still looks like rain all day and Sunday is sunny. Just curious.
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Here is my preview. And yes, Wingate is a grass field. Moving to Sunday would only happen if severe storms were expected. Rain is rain. We play on!

https://www.d2football.com/sac-week-12-playoff-preview/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X