Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivory Durham under center

I understand Wells our #1 quarterback and he definitely haven't done anything to lose that honor but after an amazing freshman year Ivory had a promising career at VSU under center as well with his track speed and rocket arm, and he can sling the deep ball. I became a fan immediately last year because even in mop up duty we was still scoring on offense with his arm and feet but this have been a major setback year under new head coach and when he was playing quarterback it was identical to Justin Fields at Georgia last year, he just came in to run but no pass and he haven't played under center in 3 straight games now even in the 4th quarter against West Georgia our starter was still in the game which was a blowout. Not stirring the pot but will we see him again under center again this year because the kid not no receiver even though he's short he's an d2 quarterback and can start for most teams in the country with a fair shot. He's only a sophomore and I hate to see him transfer and if Wells went down I know we would be in good shape either way but no lie unless I didn't know something he know's and the opportunity presents itself I wouldn't blame him leaving VSU after this season I think he's Harlon Hill talent as an starter and to me his talent have been wasted this year under Goff and his west coast offense.

Originally posted by Rollodex View Post
    I understand Wells our #1 quarterback and he definitely haven't done anything to lose that honor but after an amazing freshman year Ivory had a promising career at VSU under center as well with his track speed and rocket arm, and he can sling the deep ball. I became a fan immediately last year because even in mop up duty we was still scoring on offense with his arm and feet but this have been a major setback year under new head coach and when he was playing quarterback it was identical to Justin Fields at Georgia last year, he just came in to run but no pass and he haven't played under center in 3 straight games now even in the 4th quarter against West Georgia our starter was still in the game which was a blowout. Not stirring the pot but will we see him again under center again this year because the kid not no receiver even though he's short he's an d2 quarterback and can start for most teams in the country with a fair shot. He's only a sophomore and I hate to see him transfer and if Wells went down I know we would be in good shape either way but no lie unless I didn't know something he know's and the opportunity presents itself I wouldn't blame him leaving VSU after this season I think he's Harlon Hill talent as an starter and to me his talent have been wasted this year under Goff and his west coast offense.
    I don't know what his status as QB is, but I expect to see him back in that role. He just changes the flow so much when he comes in.

That said, I sure appreciate him being a great team guy and filling that receiver role while Kenny Benjamin was injured and out. Definitely picked us up there.

Comment

Comment

When the playoffs start, I think you see Durham in more key roles, but not at QB.
        <>

Comment

Rogan is the leader of this team and Durham can be the spark. Just hope going down the stretch we don't screw up the momentum we have at the QB position. Bothers me on several occasions early in the year we would drive the entire field get down to red zone and we swap out and we fizzled at times. See a drive through if all cylinders are working.

Comment

Remember this is a new offense that Rogan & HJ has had to master. Which means that we needed one guy to get as many reps as possible to get comfortable. It is an absolute miracle that we were able to go undefeated this year while learning a new offense. It was a combination of coaching, talent and the will to win, but those probably won't get us another NC because we will likely encounter teams that equal us in those areas.

Yes HJ has made sacrifices, even filling at wide receiver when it was needed but he is our backup QB and has done well in that role. He may choose to move on and that would be okay, I'm sure we would all wish him well as we've done with Roland, but I believe it would be a mistake to play him to pacify him; team goals must supersede all personal goals. Rogan needed as much time as possible under center so that he could get to the point where he is able to execute the game plan without over thinking things.

I get what you're saying, it's unfortunate that we leave all that talent sitting but as a football player, I'm sure HJ understands his role and prepares each week as if he will be called on.

Comment

The unfortunate fact of great teams is that their good depth means that great players have to watch from sidelines until someone ahead of them is injured or a specialty play is called to get them on the field. It says a lot for the coaches and the players that this can work without causing detrimental dissension on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                The unfortunate fact of great teams is that their good depth means that great players have to watch from sidelines until someone ahead of them is injured or a specialty play is called to get them on the field. It says a lot for the coaches and the players that this can work without causing detrimental dissension on the team.
                Agree 100%

Comment

We are in a great position to have the two guys we have. Ivory is a great player and has been a great teammate, I hope he stays. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching him play. There is no denying the fact that he would be the starter at most schools, but having two guys as good as our guys are, is a tough situation to navigate. Putting in the backup can disrupt the continuity and flow of the offense, on the other hand, it can spark the offense. It certainly seemed to work well last year.
                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze83 View Post
                    Rogan is the leader of this team and Durham can be the spark. Just hope going down the stretch we don't screw up the momentum we have at the QB position. Bothers me on several occasions early in the year we would drive the entire field get down to red zone and we swap out and we fizzled at times. See a drive through if all cylinders are working.
                    Trust me I agree 100% that didn't make any sense I was like just stick with what got you there

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                      Remember this is a new offense that Rogan & HJ has had to master. Which means that we needed one guy to get as many reps as possible to get comfortable. It is an absolute miracle that we were able to go undefeated this year while learning a new offense. It was a combination of coaching, talent and the will to win, but those probably won't get us another NC because we will likely encounter teams that equal us in those areas.

Yes HJ has made sacrifices, even filling at wide receiver when it was needed but he is our backup QB and has done well in that role. He may choose to move on and that would be okay, I'm sure we would all wish him well as we've done with Roland, but I believe it would be a mistake to play him to pacify him; team goals must supersede all personal goals. Rogan needed as much time as possible under center so that he could get to the point where he is able to execute the game plan without over thinking things.

I get what you're saying, it's unfortunate that we leave all that talent sitting but as a football player, I'm sure HJ understands his role and prepares each week as if he will be called on.
                      Good points

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                        We are in a great position to have the two guys we have. Ivory is a great player and has been a great teammate, I hope he stays. I get a lot of enjoyment out of watching him play. There is no denying the fact that he would be the starter at most schools, but having two guys as good as our guys are, is a tough situation to navigate. Putting in the backup can disrupt the continuity and flow of the offense, on the other hand, it can spark the offense. It certainly seemed to work well last year.
                        Last year he mainly came in mop up duties but the offense didn't miss a beat. That td pass to Wells was one Hell of a play and pass

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X