• Round 2 -- NCAA Playoffs West Fla @ Valdosta State

Get your tickets here:
    https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/B...=#.Xdmfi-hKjIV

#BlazerNation

Comment

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
      Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Definitely my favorite time of the year. Very grateful for what this team has accomplished. Know what it is like to be sitting at home not making the playoffs or losing in the first round.

This is exciting!!! Woohoo!
        #GoBlazers

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Definitely my favorite time of the year. Very grateful for what this team has accomplished. Know what it is like to be sitting at home not making the playoffs or losing in the first round.

This is exciting!!! Woohoo!
          #GoBlazers
          Wishing the Blazers the best of luck. And Happy Thanksgiving to all the VSU fans! Wide Right accused me of being a closet Blazer fan, so I will be for this playoff!
          Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

Wishing the Blazers the best of luck. And Happy Thanksgiving to all the VSU fans! Wide Right accused me of being a closet Blazer fan, so I will be for this playoff!
            Atta Boy Doc !!
            <>

Comment

Early weather forecasts .......High 78, partly cloudy, winds SSE 6pmh.

Sounds perfect!!!!!

Let's go!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                Early weather forecasts .......High 78, partly cloudy, winds SSE 6pmh.

Sounds perfect!!!!!

Let's go!!!
                Seems like it will be comfortable for the fans attending. That'll be perfect.

Comment

UWF has not had an off week since 10/12. VSU had an off week on 11/2 plus the bye this past week. VSU will be more rested.

While the score in the regular season ended up being close, VSU outgained UWF with 526 yards compared to 282 yards. VSU also possessed the ball for 36:42 minutes compared to UWF's 23:18 minutes.

VSU's fumble on their first drive of the second half giving UWF the ball back right after a 10-play scoring drive was huge. UWF converted that turnover for point. VSU also had several drives stall with penalties and had a long kick return called back. One can argue the legitimacy of a couple of those calls, but they did impact the game.

If VSU avoids turnovers and penalties, they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                    UWF has not had an off week since 10/12. VSU had an off week on 11/2 plus the bye this past week. VSU will be more rested.

While the score in the regular season ended up being close, VSU outgained UWF with 526 yards compared to 282 yards. VSU also possessed the ball for 36:42 minutes compared to UWF's 23:18 minutes.

VSU's fumble on their first drive of the second half giving UWF the ball back right after a 10-play scoring drive was huge. UWF converted that turnover for point. VSU also had several drives stall with penalties and had a long kick return called back. One can argue the legitimacy of a couple of those calls, but they did impact the game.

If VSU avoids turnovers and penalties, they win.
                    The byes are always a tough call. A lot of times they're great, because of the rest and recovery the team gets. Although, other times, they can be a hindrance to momentum. In VSU's case, I think the bye is going to help. The players have been here before, they know how to handle it.

Comment

According to Valdosta website the Blazers are 6-1 at home off bye week since 2011-much better than average.

Comment

In 7 of the Storm Troopers 11 games their offense hasn't cracked 400 total yards (the 4 games they had over 400 were Shorter (1-10), Virginia Lynchburg (0-9), West Al (6-5 ) and Delta (6-4).

They had 282 last time against VSU (62 in the first half - 220 in the second half). On the flip side, VSU had 402 in the first half and only 124 in the second half. Great adjustments by the Argos coaching staff. Poor execution by the Blazers not to put the game away.

Through the season the Argos had less than 300 yards against W Ga and Carson Newman as well.

Also understand from watching the game last week that Mason is out at RB (leading rusher against us last time. He changes the tempo of the offense with his speed (he's also a lot of fun to watch)).

Penalties really hurt VSU last time. Hope we can be a little more disciplined and also protect the ball (early 2nd half fumble really shifted momentum).

I'm not selling the Argos short. Very strong defense and there are a lot of offensive weapons.

But I do think we at least have a chance Saturday against the Storm Troopers.

Comment

Comment

Argos are +11 on take aways (VSU is only +1). Last year we finished the year with 18 picks (+9 overall on take aways). This year only 8 picks so far (though I'm hoping we'll get 2 or 3 on Saturday).
                            Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-27-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Argos are +11 on take aways (VSU is only +1). Last year we finished the year with 18 picks (+9 overall on take aways). This year only 8 picks so far (though I'm hoping we'll get 2 or 3 on Saturday).
                              That turnover state is not the whole tale as VSU's time of possession numbers are up meaning that opposing teams are getting fewer possessions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X