Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
    UWF has not had an off week since 10/12. VSU had an off week on 11/2 plus the bye this past week. VSU will be more rested.

While the score in the regular season ended up being close, VSU outgained UWF with 526 yards compared to 282 yards. VSU also possessed the ball for 36:42 minutes compared to UWF's 23:18 minutes.

VSU's fumble on their first drive of the second half giving UWF the ball back right after a 10-play scoring drive was huge. UWF converted that turnover for point. VSU also had several drives stall with penalties and had a long kick return called back. One can argue the legitimacy of a couple of those calls, but they did impact the game.

If VSU avoids turnovers and penalties, they win.
    You can bet that the coaches have pointed out the mistakes made in the first game and have addressed those in practice. We also have some players returning that have been injured. These guys are ready. They've been in "one game at a time" mode all season.
    But what I really like about this team is their enthusiasm. They really love to play the game!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

GAME NOTES......
      https://vstateblazers.com/documents/...ound_Notes.pdf

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

That turnover state is not the whole tale as VSU's time of possession numbers are up meaning that opposing teams are getting fewer possessions.
        That's true.
        Last year we scored 10 points per game on turnovers (that was through the semi's - 13 games). This year we're scoring 4.5 PPG on turnovers (through 10 games).

I thought 10 points a game last year was extremely strong.
        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-28-2019, 05:07 AM.

Comment

A few more days. Is VSU going to stream the game?
          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
            A few more days. Is VSU going to stream the game?
            Yes! Go to vstateblazers.com and look on the Game Day Coverage page. All the media links are there.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Yes! Go to vstateblazers.com and look on the Game Day Coverage page. All the media links are there.

This is great news, I'm unable to get ESPN3 so I've missed watching a few games this year. I have mixed emotions about this one though, half the time I'm feeling Blazers blowout of the Argos & the other half I'm feeling Blazer Beat down of the Argos. I know they deserve more respect but I'm unable to summon that emotion re. this game, Hope Coach isn't having that problem with the team.

Comment

This interesting fact from Blazer notes on game should do it-Blazers are 3-7 all time against GSC teams in playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

This is great news, I'm unable to get ESPN3 so I've missed watching a few games this year. I have mixed emotions about this one though, half the time I'm feeling Blazers blowout of the Argos & the other half I'm feeling Blazer Beat down of the Argos. I know they deserve more respect but I'm unable to summon that emotion re. this game, Hope Coach isn't having that problem with the team.
                  All the coaches have to do is point out the mistakes the team made in the first game. I think that keeps them focused. They are going to come out and show they can do better.......

#BlazerNation

Comment

And the Argos are 2-0 against GSC teams in playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Awesome! Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                        This interesting fact from Blazer notes on game should do it-Blazers are 3-7 all time against GSC teams in playoffs.
                        Should do what?

Comment

Just checked the ticket sales page. Reserved seating(sections C and D) is going fast. There are no seats available in Section D, Section C is getting full. All the other sections are general admission.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                            And the Argos are 2-0 against GSC teams in playoffs.
                            Should we still play the game?

If not someone needs to let Greyhound and the equipment manager for UWF know so they can change their plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Should we still play the game?

If not someone needs to let Greyhound and the equipment manager for UWF know so they can change their plans.
                              LOL, I just hope he sticks around

Comment

On W.F. website it says of field goals, they are 5 - 13 . If that is so, and it is a close game, well see ya next year.:bad:
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X